Effects

williamandrews06 wrote on 12/24/2013, 1:29 PM

I want to make a video to depict the effects of migraine (which is more than 'just a headache')

I will try to abbreviate the numerous effects of 'Migraine with Aura' which I want to replicate:

Firstly there is a shimmering band of light at the top or bottom of the field of view.

Then there is a sort of sparkling zig zag circle to the top of the view. If you try to imagine a circle made of sparkling zig zags and the circle may slowly rotate, this is as close as I can describe it.

Gaps or blanks may appear in the field of view and I think I can almost replicate this with the 'jigsaw puzzle' effect.

Finally, there is the Alice in Wonderland effect where a person or scene will rapidly diminish into the distance as though one is looking through the wrong end of a telescope.

I realise it may not be possible to simulate all of these effects but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

P.S. I have MEP 2014 Plus

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 12/24/2013, 2:18 PM

Hi,

Migraine is a French name or traduction Headache in English. You are looking for professional made video animation and this is not a part of 2014 version. But you can do Alice in the Wonderland using or reducing the zoom on a picture or the video.

Regards,

YR

williamandrews06 wrote on 12/24/2013, 3:56 PM

Thanks for your reply, I understand that MEP might not cover all of the effects, but with the jigsaw puzzle and the zoom you suggest, I'm half way there. Is there a way to speed up the zoom effect? I have tried it but it moves very slowly whereas in reality, the Alice in Wonderland effect is a quite rapid from full size down to very small. Can the effect be adjusted in any way? Thanks again, Merry Christmas, Bill

terrypin wrote on 12/24/2013, 8:56 PM

Hi Bill,

Use key frame animation in Movement Effects > Size/Position to control zoom rate etc. if unfamiliar with KFs, study Help or the PDF manual.

Experiment freely with other effects to achieve your other requirements - you can't break anything! I often make copies of my target and apply alternative effects until I get the right result. You can do that with each copy alongside, or in separate tracks (use M or S to select), or even in separate temporary movies.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

johnebaker wrote on 12/25/2013, 9:06 AM

Hi Bill

Try looking here for some effects that you can use. In particular look under Free Backgrounds, Light and Energy and Particles.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/25/2013, 9:09 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

williamandrews06 wrote on 12/27/2013, 3:19 PM

Many thanks to Terry, John and vvon-robert. I'm experimenting with the various suggestions and I think I may put something together which will give me near enough the desired effects. Incidentally, some say that Lewis Carol actually had migraine with aura which gave him the idea for Alice in Wonderland. It may not have been the 'magic mushrooms' he is said to have eaten.

Bill