Effects not working

William-McWhirter wrote on 9/27/2021, 12:42 AM

I select a picture I click on motion effects I test the effect in the monitor screen, if ok I download to the picture and the effect works. I recently had an update to Photostory and now fx does not work at all. What happened. I start a new project and select one picture and try fx as I used to but does not work.

I just cannot get any technical support. The help direction just takes me in circles. Very frustrating. I just want to have a chat with someone to see if I have a setting incorrect or I am doing things the wrong way (even though I have been successful with fx until now) I have successfully completed about 15 hours worth of DVD with my photos, and now I am stuck on the latest project.

Comments

richard-moffett2780 wrote on 9/27/2021, 2:49 AM

Same here. Yesterday most effects (zoom in, zoom out, tracking movements etc) just stopped working. The only way I got them working was to reinstall. They worked after that but have now stopped again. They do not preview when clicked on nor when attached to an image in the timeline.

Pleas can Magix provide an answer for this as the software is practically useless for me until this is fixed. As William mentioned above this seems to be a negative result of an update.

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2021, 3:53 AM

@William-McWhirter @richard-moffett2780

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Sorry you both seem to be experiencing this particular problem. I will test this on my system, hopefully later today.

However, you can each create a support ticket starting on this page. Just make sure to follow carefully through from page to page, always selecting the option to Ask Support.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2021, 7:52 AM

@William-McWhirter @richard-moffett2780

I've never needed to test these motion effects before so am at least starting from a position of coming new to them. However, I too cannot effect any change to any image after applying any of those movement effects.

Please do create a support ticket and by all means refer in the ticket to this thread.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

William-McWhirter wrote on 9/27/2021, 8:14 AM

Your link just takes you around in circles and you can never get to support ticket. Magix is sooooo frustrating no help is available. No testing is done on updates and I am wasting my time. Fix the problem Magix, we have raised the issue raise the support ticket yourselves.

William-McWhirter wrote on 9/27/2021, 8:19 AM

Would I recommend Magix Photostory Deluxe? No it is not very user friendly and help is hard, if not impossible, to get.

donnie-a wrote on 9/27/2021, 11:00 AM

I am having the same issue. I paid for 1 yr because it was inexpensive. I guess I got what I paid for. I would request a refund if I could find a way to ask. Very poor customer service and non-existent help for a very glitchy a poorly functioning piece of software!

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2021, 11:31 AM

@William-McWhirter @donnie-a @richard-moffett2780

I'm sorry you are finding it difficult to raise a support ticket. I actually used that same linked page about two weeks ago to successfully create a ticket so I am not sure what problem it is you are experiencing.

However, you might also try this page, which is Magix' own quite comprehensive instructions on how to create a support ticket.

Jeff

richard-moffett2780 wrote on 9/27/2021, 11:36 AM

I have opened a ticket and received the following advice.

"Please open the program settings with Y key > Device options and change the video mode to "CPU". Now check if it works.​"

I cannot do that right now as I am reinstalling my system but maybe one of the others experiencing the same issue can try now?

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2021, 1:26 PM

@richard-moffett2780

Thanks for posting that reply from support.

I just tested the suggestion on my system, still no movement! Please reply to the support message with your results and feel free to report my lack of success!

Jeff

William-McWhirter wrote on 9/27/2021, 5:45 PM

So, I opened a blank project in Photostory Deluxe 2022 and went to file/settings/Program/device options and changed the device to CPU. Closed program and restarted, opened a blank project, brought in 4 photos and went to Fx and movement templates. None of the zoom effects worked either on preview or if I downloaded to the picture and played. However, of the four "zoom slow + rotation" all the rotations seemed to work but the zoom part did not either in preview or downloading and playing a selected picture.

By the way yesterday I decided to download Photostory Deluxe from the website again (>1 GB) in case the program had corrupted but when it got to install the system said that I had a newer version than the one I had downloaded. I wish it had told me before I wasted time downloading.

I cannot continue with my projects, and I have three lined up, until this zoom issue is fixed.

richard-moffett2780 wrote on 9/28/2021, 1:51 AM

@William-McWhirter @donnie-a Here is the page to raise a ticket. Scroll to the bottom and select create a support request. The more people that do this the faster they will fix it hopefully. Please link to this thread as well.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/search/?searchphrase=effects

William-McWhirter wrote on 9/28/2021, 3:25 AM

Richard, I go to the link you provided and I have signed in, but all I get is search for other solutions. I have not seen "Create a support request" Thanks for your help by the way. There should be a direct contact, not this roundabout. William

William-McWhirter wrote on 9/28/2021, 3:34 AM

At last I found the Create Support request. Well hidden!!. I have put the link to these comments and included my last long description. Thanks again for help.

richard-moffett2780 wrote on 9/28/2021, 7:41 AM

Yes they don't make it easy to find. This is very frustrating as I too have a number of projects on the go that I cannot get on with until this is sorted. I replied to my ticket yesterday to say the suggestion above has had no effect but I have not heard back again yet. This has to be something to do with the update recently put out.

richard-moffett2780 wrote on 9/28/2021, 8:49 AM

So I have had another response.

"Thank you for your message. I have talked to our developers and this seems to be problem with the latest patch that is already known. It will be fixed with high priority as soon as possible. We are sorry for any inconveniences.​"

So I guess it's a sit and wait thing but hopefully this will be sorted soon as possible and at least they know of the issue.

emmrecs wrote on 9/28/2021, 9:28 AM

@richard-moffett2780

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with the details that support are giving you.

Jeff

olgam wrote on 9/30/2021, 5:50 PM

Same problem with the effects. The half of my slideshow worked out smoothly, at some moment most of the effects stopped functioning.

Austin-irish wrote on 9/30/2021, 7:41 PM

my effects not working - linear - or zoom - video effects, need a solution as i have a very important project to be finished by Monday

emmrecs wrote on 10/1/2021, 3:49 AM

@Austin-irish

Please see the post from @richard-moffett2780 three above yours. It includes an acknowledgement from Magix staff that this is a known problem that will be fixed with high priority as soon as possible.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

richard-moffett2780 wrote on 10/1/2021, 4:25 AM

@olgam @Austin-irish please raise a ticket with support. As mentioned they are already aware of the issue and are working on it (hopefully) but the more people waving their hands the more likely it will be a priority. Please link to this thread when you message them also.

olgam wrote on 10/1/2021, 8:02 AM

@olgam @Austin-irish please raise a ticket with support. As mentioned they are already aware of the issue and are working on it (hopefully) but the more people waving their hands the more likely it will be a priority. Please link to this thread when you message them also.

Already did. It was ridiculous how hard it was to find the actual support request tab. All experience is very upsetting. I was using the trial free version of the program and liked it. As soon as I purchased it the effects stopped working.

Ronald-Henderson wrote on 10/2/2021, 12:30 AM

Hello to you all. I am having the same problem with my Photostory, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled. When the dialog box came up to update with the patch, I just clicked on remind me later. So now I have my application working fine with all the effects, and I will wait until Magix has fixed this problem.

richard-moffett2780 wrote on 10/2/2021, 4:46 AM

Hello to you all. I am having the same problem with my Photostory, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled. When the dialog box came up to update with the patch, I just clicked on remind me later. So now I have my application working fine with all the effects, and I will wait until Magix has fixed this problem.

Yes this is what I have done too. It means we can carry on as usual until the fix. I didnt see anything obvious improvements in the update anyway. For anyone else experiencing this problem this is your best answer right now. Reinstall but do NOT update the software to 21.0.1.76.

I have been told the patch should be in the next week.

Ronald-Henderson wrote on 10/2/2021, 5:44 PM

Thanks for that information

richard-moffett2780