Error Code -24

Ernest-Espinosa wrote on 2/3/2020, 10:05 AM

I just purchased MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Plus last week.

My old computer with Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus broke. I was unable to uninstall the program from the old computer before it finally died. However, I am trying to install Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus on my new computer and I am not allowed to a pop up screen says:

This serial number has already been registered to another email address. Please contact MAGIX support. Error code -24

I am not sure what other email address this error code is referring to. I tried to log into my account and had troubles doing that as well.

All I want to do is activate my product on my new computer.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thank you

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/3/2020, 1:17 PM

@Ernest-Espinosa

Hi

. . . . I am not sure what other email address this error code is referring to. I tried to log into my account and had troubles doing that as well. . . . .

The error is referring to the original email address and password you registered the software with on the old computer and it is this that you must use on the new computer to activate the program.

HTH

John EB

Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ernest-Espinosa wrote on 2/3/2020, 3:31 PM

That is the problem. I used the original email address and password that I registered with. Unfortunately, the program is not recognizing my information.

ericlnz wrote on 2/3/2020, 4:47 PM

There's another similar problem reported a few threads below. Although it relates to a Vegas product it's the same system and I just wonder if there's a glitch with the Magix servers. If so hopefully it's only temporary and all you can do is keep trying or contact Support using the option at the very top of this forum.