Extremely long save time for .mp3

Paul-Richards wrote on 1/13/2021, 6:15 PM

I need help with Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 (64 bit) (build 86). First a little history. I purchased Sound Forge Audio Studio 13 in Mar 2019 and found that saving a sound file to .mp3 took an enormous amount of time. Saving a sound file in .wav was very fast. I asked Magix support if that was a software problem. I was told they were aware of the problem and working on it. They told me to run the program in 32 bit and it would work like saving a file to .wav. I did, and it worked. However, I felt it should work in 64 bits as well. I decided to upgrade to Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 (64 bit) (build 86) in Jan this year thinking they must have found and fixed the problem. No, it still takes an enormous amount of time to save a sound file to .mp3. I must save sound files to .wav to see fast saves. Sure, I can convert the .wav to .mp3 with a sound conversion program in just a second or two, but that means extra work and time that should not be necessary. Does anyone have a fix or work around for this problem?  I’d like to be able to run the program in 64 bit since my Windows 10 Pro is 64 bit. Thanks for any information that could help.

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/13/2021, 6:56 PM

Use an earlier version (Pro 10 and 11 for instance) if you have one or Vegas. Many of the included plug-ins will run in those as well and most have VST-2 versions. Hopefully Magix will fix the slow MP3 issue soon. SF has a small staff and COVID is another staffing factor according to my contacts.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Paul-Richards .

johnebaker wrote on 1/14/2021, 8:55 AM

@Victor-ColonJr

Hi

Please do not hijack another users topic which has nothing to do with your issue, additionally do not double post - your issue has already been answered in another topic - if that did not work the add further information in a comment in the topic you started.

I will hide your post.

John EB
Forum Moderator.

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Paul-Richards wrote on 1/14/2021, 9:49 AM

Hi John, I'm new to this forum and had no intention of hijacking another users topic. Sorry but I don't know where I would find "the topic". I thought I was posting/looking under "audio, sound forge" for answers. Perhaps you could guide me to where I should have posted or looked. Thank you.

Paul

emmrecs wrote on 1/14/2021, 10:13 AM

@Paul-Richards

The "please do not hijack" message was NOT for you!

@johnebaker, as a Moderator, has hidden a post from @Victor-ColonJr so you cannot now see it!

This thread, which you started, is the one to continue to post to. You have certainly not contravened any forum etiquette so please continue exactly as you have done already!

HTH

Jeff
(Another) Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

johnebaker wrote on 1/14/2021, 11:06 AM

@Paul-Richards

Hi

No problem - to add to @emmrecs comment - when posting a reply, to aim it at a particular user it is possible to do so by using the @ (at) symbol - this will pop up a list of users who have commented on the current page, selecting one adds a 'link' as shown below and will also send the user an email notification (if they have not turned it off in their User profile settings) telling them there is a comment for them - you can see this in the image below.

HTH

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.