Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/14/2022, 10:45 AM

@Nicholas-Smilek3917

Hello, welcome

I have closed your duplicate post.

Please refer to this one for answers.

If no one can help you, register and login to toontrack forum here for further assistance.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Former user wrote on 5/16/2022, 8:17 AM

after reading this post I tried EZD3 in AP10 and the results were just as Nicholas posted. Magix, this needs to be corrected ASAP.

SP. wrote on 5/16/2022, 8:45 AM

@Former user Tell Magix here about this problem: https://www.magix.info/us/forum/feedback-on-acid-bugs--1299428/

Nicholas-Smilek3917 wrote on 5/28/2022, 7:52 AM

I have created a ticket for Magix to investigate I have not heard anything.
I hope they get this figured out quickly or I will switch DAW.

SP. wrote on 5/28/2022, 8:00 AM

@Nicholas-Smilek3917 I would guess a fix will probably take months or will not be released until the next major version. They just started development again after nearly two years. ACID was put on the back burner because Magix probably doesn't have the manpower.

Former user wrote on 5/31/2022, 12:38 PM

EZD3 has had 2 updates since it's release on May 3rd and it's still not functioning in AP10....Magix, it's you're turn to update AP10

Nicholas-Smilek3917 wrote on 5/31/2022, 4:14 PM

I also created a EZD3 Ticket and they seem a bit more promising the the Magix team. If not I am dumping AP10 for Reaper.

Former user wrote on 5/31/2022, 9:25 PM

@Nicholas-Smilek3917, It works fine in Reaper. I don't have a single plugin that doesn't. Rather sad because AP could be a great DAW

Rednroll wrote on 6/7/2022, 9:21 AM

I ran into this same problem with EZDrummer 2 as well as Superior Drummer 3 when working with Acid Pro. I'm guessing since I don't own EZD3.....but it's likely the same problem.

What you may notice is that all ToonTrack Plugins are currently VST3 plugins. What I noticed is that all my other VST3 instrument plugins install with a ".VST3" file extension for the plugin, where ToonTrack's plugs install with a ".DLL" file extension instead. By default, they get installed to your PC's "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ VST3\" plugins folder.

For some reason Acid Pro seems to have a problem with the the different file extension and being located in the default VST3 plugin folder but Reaper doesn't as mentioned.

So how to get it to work?

1. Navigate to your VST3 plugin folder : "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ VST3\"

2. Find the EZDrummer3 plugin file

3. Copy or move that file to your VST2 64bit install plugins folder, typically located at C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\ or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\ (ie which ever folder you have Acid setup to scan for 64bit VST2 plugins).

4. Restart Acid. Acid will go through a re-scan of your plugins and EZDrummer will now load and function correctly.

I don't visit here often since I've moved onto other DAW programs but may fire up Acid via re-wire from time to time if working with loops. This should likely be stickied to the top of the forum, if Magix isn't going to get around to fixing the issue. I responded to a few other posts in the past with the same issue of ToonTrack plugins not working in Acid after I had the same problem and eventually figured out how to solve it.

Good luck!

sheppo wrote on 6/7/2022, 3:31 PM

thanks @Nicholas-Smilek3917 , I'll put this in the FAQ and mention it in the feedback thread as a bug for fixing in the next release, seems like it would be a relatively easy one.

Nicholas-Smilek3917 wrote on 6/9/2022, 4:53 PM

Thanks for that!
I did exactly what @Rednroll mentioned but no luck at all.
I sure hope hey get a patch happening or I figure Reaper sales may jump with everyone leaving ACID.

I appreciate everyone's efforts.

Nicholas-Smilek3917 wrote on 6/26/2022, 8:25 AM

I recently received an ACID Pro 10 Update and was hoping t6hat they addressed the issue with ACID's issue with EZDrummer3 but no luck.
I have no clue what they think that have fixed but it certainly was NOT their VST3 issue regarding EZDrummer 3.
Considering that I have only had ACID Pro Suite for lass than 6 months before all of these issues with EZD3.
I am going to seek for a refund and move to Reaper.
I suggest you all do the same.

Joe-Designs wrote on 12/8/2022, 12:48 AM

EZ Drummer isnt working on Acid 10, so my question is does EZD3 work on Acid 11?

Former user wrote on 12/8/2022, 9:24 AM

@Joe-Designs NO it won't work in AP11. AP11 is the same as AP10, there are NO changes between the two (just different bloatware) One other note, Kontakt 7 won't work in AP10 -11 either.. If you're thinking of upgrading to AP11 DON'T as I said it's just AP10 with different junk.

Joe-Designs wrote on 12/8/2022, 10:44 AM

Alternately to Acid I'll use Music Maker Premium and EZ Drummer 3 will work and but then crashes, constantly! Creativity killer. No more money for Magix from me. Reaper seems to be the next logical choice for me.

SP. wrote on 12/8/2022, 10:59 AM

@Joe-Designs @Former user How about using the free Waves Studio Rack plugin and loading EZ Drummer 3 inside Waves Studio Rack?

Former user wrote on 12/8/2022, 9:25 PM

@Joe-Designs your next logical move...is a wise one. in 3 years I've crashed Reaper..once. EVERY vst, vsti, vst3 & vst3i I have works with Reaper in any combination, the program is updated every two to three weeks (for free) it's a poor mans ProTools but more stable. If & when they fix AP maybe reconsider it...maybe

Update: after reading the comment from @Nicholas-Smilek3917 do NOT reconsider AP or any product from this company. Cheers

Nicholas-Smilek3917 wrote on 12/10/2022, 8:09 AM

I have received an email from the Magix support team and EZD3 will not work with AP11 and they are hoping to have a patch only for AP11 later this year and nothing for AP10 going forward.

SP. wrote on 12/10/2022, 9:31 AM

nothing for AP10 going forward.

Oh wow, that definitely sounds like ACID Pro 10 users will be stuck with a unstable VST engine and a broken plugin chain. Terrible.

Former user wrote on 12/10/2022, 11:00 AM

@Nicholas-Smilek3917 @SP. the short of this is, all AP8,9 & 10 customers can 'F' off unless they pay for AP11 (which is the same as AP10) with the 'promise' of a 'patch' at some further unspecified date. SO, we are left with an unstable & bug ridden program unless we pay up. This tells me everything I ever needed to know about this company. SP. 'Terrible' is an understatement.

Joe-Designs wrote on 12/10/2022, 1:50 PM

I've moved on to reaper and so far and everything is as it should be, pretty solid. Sucks having to re-learn a new program interface but it will be worth it I'm sure. I started with AP 4, time to move on. Good luck all!

TPeirce-Baker wrote on 12/16/2022, 1:51 PM

I've been an Acid user since version one. Its been a small decline, and now its in nosedive. I'm out

John-Lockwood wrote on 1/6/2023, 7:25 AM

I ran into this same problem with EZDrummer 2 as well as Superior Drummer 3 when working with Acid Pro. I'm guessing since I don't own EZD3.....but it's likely the same problem.

What you may notice is that all ToonTrack Plugins are currently VST3 plugins. What I noticed is that all my other VST3 instrument plugins install with a ".VST3" file extension for the plugin, where ToonTrack's plugs install with a ".DLL" file extension instead. By default, they get installed to your PC's "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ VST3\" plugins folder.

For some reason Acid Pro seems to have a problem with the the different file extension and being located in the default VST3 plugin folder but Reaper doesn't as mentioned.

So how to get it to work?

1. Navigate to your VST3 plugin folder : "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ VST3\"

2. Find the EZDrummer3 plugin file

3. Copy or move that file to your VST2 64bit install plugins folder, typically located at C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\ or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\ (ie which ever folder you have Acid setup to scan for 64bit VST2 plugins).

4. Restart Acid. Acid will go through a re-scan of your plugins and EZDrummer will now load and function correctly.

I don't visit here often since I've moved onto other DAW programs but may fire up Acid via re-wire from time to time if working with loops. This should likely be stickied to the top of the forum, if Magix isn't going to get around to fixing the issue. I responded to a few other posts in the past with the same issue of ToonTrack plugins not working in Acid after I had the same problem and eventually figured out how to solve it.

Good luck!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this! I have been using Magix Vegas Pro forever, and I use ToonTrack's EZMix plugin and I ran into this same exact issue when I jumped over to Vegas 20 last week. I just recently tried to load EZMix 2 onto a Vegas Pro project and could not get the plugin to load at all, where it still works fine in Vegas 18. I copied the EXMix DLL to the folder as you suggested and it now shows up. THANKS!

PS - In regards to a DAW software, Go with Reaper, I am in a metalcore band called the Anxiety Effect (cheap plug - www.theanxietyeffect.net) and I have used Reaper on all of our releases since 2017. Ironically, I jumped to Reaper several years ago from Acid pro 6 back when Sony still owned it. Never once has Reaper crashed on me. We use all sorts of VST 2 and 3 plugs, VSTi's, etc. Never once had an issue.

Former user wrote on 1/6/2023, 9:21 AM

@John-Lockwood how right you are, Reaper is ROCK SOLID. I left AP a few years ago but have to go back to it on occasion to retrieve old project files. A few weeks ago I decided to convert ALL my old AP files so I wouldn't every have to deal with is retched program again

On a slightly different note, I did crash Reaper once. 😎 It was when I was using a VSTi3 plugin called Ueberschall's "Elastik" but that's the only VSTi3 that has ever given me a problem and with all the 'free' updates to Reaper it no longer crashes when using Elastik. Happy New Year to you John-Lockwood