first time user - royalty-free question

musicisok wrote on 2/23/2009, 9:58 AM
hi,

i hate to be redundant on some of the topics but i don't want to find out later that i've done something wrong!

i dowloaded music maker 12 and the three free soundpools and was wondering if i can use the original demo beats that come with 12 and the downloaded soundpools to make royalty-free music to sell. i do understand that i need to advertise the magix logo and would be happy to do that.

thx

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 2/23/2009, 10:40 AM
Hi,

- you can use the sounds from a full version that you have bought, to create royalty free your own tracks
- you can not use the demo version / sounds for that
- you can not use demo beats / projects - you have to create your own individual track
NoTurning wrote on 2/23/2009, 12:28 PM
If you buy soundpools and not the music creation software then you must use the logo. If you buy the software and soundpool then the logo is optional.

Soudpools are royalty free (verify by checking the license included on the DVD) and the demo samples are usually created using soundpool samples. I don't know for sure about the samples that come bundled with MusicMaker so I can't help you there. Use the Soundpool samples and sell away!
Justin
Lazerboy wrote on 2/25/2009, 6:39 AM

Hi,

the sense of a trial is to try out the product, not to use the sound samples to sell. I really do not understand why you cannot pay for a product if you want to use it to make money.....