Folk and Bluegrass Soundpools?

maxgoof wrote on 8/16/2009, 2:22 PM
I recently purchased Music Maker only to find that it requires me to purchase Soundpools in order to get it to work as advertised (Gee, thanks for letting me know this before I bought it, Magix...)

I am on a very limited budget, and can't afford to purchase all of the Soundpools, especially when I won't be using most of them.

Two questions:

What happened to Soundpools 1-8? All of the DVDs for sale now start with 9.

Which Soundpools include sounds for folk and bluegrass? That is, accoustic guitar, banjo, steel guitar, dobro guitar, mandolin, and accoustic bass?

Comments

Procyon wrote on 8/16/2009, 3:04 PM
You don't say, but I assume you are referring to MM-15 Basic?

[edit]

My bad!  But, it's difficult to answer questions when we are not provided all of the pertinent information up front.
ralftaro wrote on 8/17/2009, 10:43 AM
Hi there,

Just to answer some of your questions: The product you bought does include a bunch of soundpools for different styles. However, with this being a download version, they're not installed right away. The main installer you download and install in the first place is pretty slim and only installs the application itself and its core functionality. All the audio content (soundpools + samples for the software instruments) easily takes up a few more gigabytes. These need to be downloaded and installed as extra content packages via the download option in the "Help" menu after installing and activating the main program. After that is done properly, you will have access to a bunch more things.

The numbering of the soundpools just reflects the fact that Magix has been releasing these for years, both as part of Music Maker and as separate soundpool collections, and some styles are seeing constant updates.

As far as the specific musical styles you're looking for are concerned, you might have to have a look on Catooh. Entering e.g. the term "country" brings up a few hits, including at least one original Magix soundpool:

http://www.catooh.com/uk/sys/id/Katalog/area/mediaDetails/item_id/59496/

There might be more. But maybe you'd prefer to get suitable software instruments as VST plug-ins, instead of ready-made loops, and actually compose your own phrases using the MIDI Editor. In this case, you might want to have a look here and search the extensive database for suitable plug-ins:

http://www.kvraudio.com/

I hope this helps.