Fresh Installation On Second Computer

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 4/20/2022, 6:07 AM

A new computer is headed my way. I'm told to expect it Late Monday.

I have totally forgotten the entire process of Downloading and Activating Movie Studio 18.

Any advance preparation, advice, warnings, whatever, are welcome and invited.

Like; where do you click ?

----------------------

Product version: Movie Studio 18 Platinum Version 18.1.0.24

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/20/2022, 6:34 AM

@CLINT-DANBURY

To redownload your product go to your Magix account, log in, go to My products, find the listing for MMS Platinum 18. There will be links to the installer as well as showing your needed serial key. It will also show any existing activations previously made of the software. If you no longer need any/all of those listed you should deactivate them whilst in your account. This should mean you avoid the problem of attempting to install and activate the software too many times! (You can have a maximum of two simultaneous activations in operation.)

Once the installer is downloaded, simply double-click it and allow it to run. It is worth checking every screen that is shown as it first begins; there are various user options which, if not specifically checked by you, may result in the default installation of other software you may not actually want! IOW, the advice is Don't just click on every screen you see to accept those default settings! Read carefully and make your choices based on what you want to see installed and where!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

browj2 wrote on 4/20/2022, 6:40 AM

@CLINT-DANBURY

Hi,

See my 3 tutorials on Getting Started in Movie Edit Pro, especially the first one about installing the program. They are under the Tutorials tab of this forum.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(14); Movie Studio 2023 Platinum; MM2023 with MM2022 Premium Edition; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 21H1; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.