Comments

SP. wrote on 3/17/2023, 2:02 PM

@Paul-Savage This sample pack here? https://producerplanet.com/gb/article/future-bass-drumsource-27692/

You probably downloaded a ZIP file, correct? You can extract all files inside with a right click on it to a directory of your choice. You should then have 390 WAV files available.

Next you need a sampler VST. I would recommend Sitala. It looks very simple to use and it's free. You add this VST to Music Maker and then load your drum sample in it. Then you can play the samples with your MIDI devices or by drawing MIDI notes in the MIDI editor.

If you have questions about how to add the VST to Music Maker or other questions about my explanation just ask.

Paul-Savage wrote on 3/17/2023, 3:53 PM

OK, I do need some additional information.

First, when downloading this information i did not know that I would need another software to load it into. I thought it was just going to upload into music maker like the other viersions i had purchased.

Ok i will try to walk through your instructions. So let me respond to your first question. The zip file did download.

I do need additional instructions on how to load Sitala to Music Maker that would be great!!

Paul Savage

browj2 wrote on 3/17/2023, 4:14 PM

@Paul-Savage

Hi,

I thought it was just going to upload into music maker like the other viersions i had purchased.

Nothing that you purchase on Producer Planet gets loaded automatically into Music Maker, not even the Soundpools. You have to unzip those into the correct location and then tell Music Maker where they are.

What you downloaded are not Soundpools. Always be careful as to what you are purchasing. If you want Soundpools, make sure that you see the word "Soundpools" on the box or in the title. Otherwise, you are getting loops, samples or songs, none of which behave like Soundpools.

It would be good if Magix made this more clear on Producer Planet.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 3/17/2023, 5:15 PM

@Paul-Savage You technically don't need another software, you can load the WAV manually into your Music Maker project either by drag and drop from the Windows Explorer or by using the internal file browser in Music Maker.

This might be acceptable for audio loops which are several seconds long but would be a mindnumbing task if you would do that for each drum sample. These samples only contain a single drum hit, so you would need to load and place them hundreds or thousands of times for a complete song. But with a sampler you only need to load them once and can play them live.

You need to do four things once to set everything up. After that you can use Sitala in every project.

1. Enable VST functionality in Music Maker

2. Download and install Sitala

3. Configure and scan the VST paths

4. Select an ASIO driver

1. For VST instruments to work you need to install the VST functionality from the in-app-store. If you open the Music Maker program settings under the File > Settings menu and navigate to the Folders tab you should see a button to configure the VST plugin path settings. If you can see the button the VST functionality is correctly enabled, if not then you need to download it from the store.

2. Next, download the Windows 64 bit installer of Sitala. If you install this program, it will install itself and its plugins. Three plugins will be installed, you can uncheck the VST 32 bit version and the AAX version. These are not needed. The 64 bit VST will be installed under C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\.

3. After the installation has finished go back to Music Maker and click on the button to configure the VST path settings. A window will open up with some paths already configured. Please make sure that C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins is also listed there. If it isn't then add it manually. Then click on the button to scan the VST paths.

4. After the scanning has finished navigate to the Audio/MIDI tab in the Music Maker program settings. Make sure that an ASIO driver is selected or otherwise you will not hear a sound. If no ASIO driver is selected please select Music Maker ASIO. Click on the "Advanced" button to configure the driver. Check if the correct audio input and audio output are selected.

If you now close the program settings you should be able to add Sitala from the Instruments tab to your project or via the big plus icon in the track header of track. Then you can try to follow the steps from the video above. The last part about routing multiple outputs will not work with Music Maker but the rest of the features should work fine.