HEVC Codec

Josh-Eadie wrote on 2/8/2020, 1:48 PM

I just downloaded the trial version before purchasing (I intend to) and when trying to import a video file from my GoPro (Hero 7 Black in case that matters) I get an error message on the screen that says "Unfortunately, the function 'HEVC Codec' is not available due to licensing conditions. Is this due to my version being a trial vs. full? I want to make sure that the paid program can handle H.265 files in addition to H.264. I have handbrake, but would prefer not to convert. I have read other posts saying that a codec purchase was required, which I am fine with. My main concern is whether the program can handle the native files or not.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/8/2020, 2:03 PM

@Josh-Eadie

Hi

. . . . Is this due to my version being a trial vs. full . . . .

Yes, however once purchased, all versions can import HEVC, however the codec requires a fee-based activation for encoding (exporting) to HEVC.

HTH

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.