How do I change my email address?

Michael-Howells wrote on 3/22/2023, 11:51 AM

My email address has changed, and the one registered with Magix no longer works. How can I inform Magix of the changed address?

Sorry, should have said that I can still login with my original email address, but any emails sent to me by that (old) address will not reach me - they will vanish into the ether!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/22/2023, 2:29 PM

@Michael-Howells

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Log into your Magix account using your old email address (hopefully you know your password) and go to User data. Click on the button that says Change Details and you will see a screen where you can change your registered email address.

Done!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Andrew-Webb wrote on 11/30/2023, 9:13 AM

I've got the same issue with my login email which needs to change, however when I try to change it i'm told the email already exists and it won't let me change it.

emmrecs wrote on 11/30/2023, 9:49 AM

@Andrew-Webb

I'm not sure why you would receive that error message but your only option is to email infoservice@magix.net, explain exactly what you want to change to and from and request their help. These are user to user forums so no-on here can directly help you, sorry.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 11/30/2023, 10:34 AM

@Andrew-Webb Did you already create a new user account with your new e-mail address? Then the new user account will obviously block the address change in your old account. You need to change the new user account e-mail first to new able to change it in your old account.