How do I delete my MAGIX account?

BKAW wrote on 10/3/2022, 2:05 AM

I wish to delete my account (free account) but there appears to be no way to do this.

On the associated help page https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/deleting-your-magix-online-world-account--657/ (which was super hard to find) it says to do this from the MAGIX Online World portal via 'MyServices' > 'Settings' > 'Access'. But there is no such Access area under that nav pathway and none of the sections that do exist contain the ability to delete account.
See attached screenshot with images.

There appears to be no way to contact MAGIX support directly via email or chat to then ask them if they can do it on my behalf!
This is terrible service/UX design and breaches personal data ownership if an account cannot be deleted.
Can anyone direct me to how I can get this done?

(PS - there also should be a whole help/support topic both in the Tech support knowledge base and this community site related to 'Account' questions/issues. The only option I could put it under was "Off topic" - which makes it seem irrelevant!).

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/3/2022, 2:13 AM

@BKAW The account in this forum can be deleted in the account settings.

The Magix customer account can only be deleted by customer support at infoservice@magix.net

colter-o wrote on 11/6/2022, 6:05 AM

I wish to delete my account (free account) but there appears to be no way to do this.

On the associated help page https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/deleting-your-magix-online-world-account--657/ (which was super hard to find) it says to do this from the MAGIX Online World portal via 'MyServices' > 'Settings' > 'Access'. But there is no such Access area under that nav pathway and none of the sections that do exist contain the ability to delete account.
See attached screenshot with images.

There appears to be no way to contact MAGIX support directly via email or chat to then ask them if they can do it on my behalf!
This is terrible service/UX design and breaches personal data ownership if an account cannot be deleted.

Do you ever find yourself driving along and wondering what is WDR on dash cam?
Can anyone direct me to how I can get this done?

(PS - there also should be a whole help/support topic both in the Tech support knowledge base and this community site related to 'Account' questions/issues. The only option I could put it under was "Off topic" - which makes it seem irrelevant!).

Hey dear,

Assuming you mean your Magix Product account, simply email infoservice@magix.net, giving full details and ask for their help in doing this. If you want to your forum account, simply go to your settings (via the icon top left of this page) choose My profile and find the option to delete your account.

browj2 wrote on 11/6/2022, 9:48 AM

@BKAW

Hi,

Your account for what?

You have shown Magix On-line World.

Here is what I see:

Not true. In your first image, you don't show the full screen. Why not? Here it is:

What happens if you click on "CONTACT SUPPORT?" You get this.

What happens when you click on "SEND EMAIL?" You get this.

Fill in the form and click on the button.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos