Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/26/2014, 11:48 AM

Hi,

MMM does not do anything to the actual underlying file (wav, mp3, ogg). An object is just a pointer to the file. If you split the object, the 2 pieces just remember to play the underlying file from point A to point B, and then from point B to point C. Delete or move the last 3 objects to another track. Drag the right side of the first object to the right, up to the end of the last object or the underlying file. If you drag it beyond, it will simply start at the beginning of the underlying file again.

Last changed by browj2 on 11/26/2014, 11:48 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

nihon94 wrote on 11/26/2014, 12:11 PM

Simple and easy, you can group all four objects. Grouped objects could easily be moved too.

Group Ctrl + L
Ungroup Ctrl + M

Hope above information will be helpful.

nihon94

order2q wrote on 11/26/2014, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the answer. But, what I mean is that I slpit the object into pieces so the music in the pieces would line up and be on time with the other objects. So, now that I have the pieces where I want them, I want to make the four pieces into one object again as a new object that have the parts in timing. :)

order2q wrote on 11/26/2014, 12:16 PM

Simple and easy, you can group all four objects. Grouped objects could easily be moved too.

Group Ctrl + L
Ungroup Ctrl + M

Hope above information will be helpful.

nihon94

Thank you, but what I want to know is how to make the four objects as one whole object with the spaces in between them as part of a new object. Thanks

johnebaker wrote on 11/26/2014, 3:55 PM

Hi

. . . . I want to make the four pieces into one object again as a new object that have the parts in timing. . . . .

Why would you want to do that?

As you already have them as you want them, both answers from  Nihon94 and John CB are valid.

Once grouped they are treated as a single object which you can move, copy and paste.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/26/2014, 3:55 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

order2q wrote on 11/27/2014, 3:49 AM

Hi

. . . . I want to make the four pieces into one object again as a new object that have the parts in timing. . . . .

As you already have them as you want them, both answers from  Nihon94 and John CB are valid.

Once grouped they are treated as a single object which you can move, copy and paste.

John

Because I want to fade in the object, and it will only fade the first object in the group. Thanks for the answer. :)

nihon94 wrote on 11/27/2014, 6:46 AM

Hi

John

Because I want to fade in the object, and it will only fade the first object in the group. Thanks for the answer. :)

Your question is interesting. I do not think that is possible in Music Maker. BUT you can do one thing I do not know if that works or not? Group four objects on track 1 and only export that in wave. Now you got one wave file. Import it in the project where you want to fade in or what ever you like to do.

If you do not mind, next time always save your important objects or audio files some where then try different things on copies. Doing so will save your time and frustration as in this case. 

nihon94

johnebaker wrote on 11/27/2014, 7:55 AM

Hi

. . . . Because I want to fade in the object, and it will only fade the first object in the group. . . .

It is possible to do this using Automation, Volume curve - you can set a volume curve for each object, whether grouped or not,  and adjust the individual levels eg fade in / out duck etc.

Here is an example of a fade in using a volume curve

See Automation, Volume curve in the installed pdf manual.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/27/2014, 7:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

order2q wrote on 11/27/2014, 3:30 PM

Hi

. . . . Because I want to fade in the object, and it will only fade the first object in the group. . . .

It is possible to do this using Automation, Volume curve - you can set a volume curve for each object, whether grouped or not,  and adjust the individual levels eg fade in / out duck etc.

John

THANK YOU! It was the exact thing I needed! You've been a great help! :)

order2q wrote on 11/27/2014, 3:31 PM

Hi

John

Your question is interesting. I do not think that is possible in Music Maker. BUT you can do one thing I do not know if that works or not? Group four objects on track 1 and only export that in wave. Now you got one wave file. Import it in the project where you want to fade in or what ever you like to do.

If you do not mind, next time always save your important objects or audio files some where then try different things on copies. Doing so will save your time and frustration as in this case. 

nihon94

Thank you for your answer. I had tried that first, but the file seemed to have some loss. But, I will try again. Thanks. :)

Procyon wrote on 11/28/2014, 12:51 PM

Maybe it's me, but you are all making this seem more difficult than it is, although everything you say should work.

As John C.B. pointed out originally, all objects are really just images of the original sound file - the WHOLE sound file.  You can chop it into as may pieces as you like, and you still have many images of a small part of the whole sound file.

So, to restore to a single object, you simply need to delete the separate objects you no longer need and use the editing handles to lengthen (or shorten) the one object to cover as much of the whole file as needed.  This can be done to any object at any time.  It's that easy.

order2q wrote on 11/28/2014, 3:33 PM

Maybe it's me, but you are all making this seem more difficult than it is, although everything you say should work.

As John C.B. pointed out originally, all objects are really just images of the original sound file - the WHOLE sound file.  You can chop it into as may pieces as you like, and you still have many images of a small part of the whole sound file.

So, to restore to a single object, you simply need to delete the separate objects you no longer need and use the editing handles to lengthen (or shorten) the one object to cover as much of the whole file as needed.  This can be done to any object at any time.  It's that easy.

Thank you for the reply. Also, thanks for the reply on the other question. This has to do with both. What I was doing was, since the file wasn't lining up properly, I was splitting the object up into about five objects and lining up the different splits where they should go. Then, I wanted to make all the pieces one whole object again, with the spaces in between, so I could fade it in. But, nihon94 said it wasn't possible. But, johnebaker gave me an awesome solution that I didn't know existed. I thought there was only one way to fade the object, and now I know there is another way.

So, thanks for the input. I appreciate it. :)

order2q wrote on 12/23/2014, 10:05 AM

Hi

John

I'm hoping you can help me out again. I used the Volume Curve on another song and on the analog track. But, now, I need to use it on a midi track, and when I try to open Volume Curve on it, it's not clickable. I clicked on the object, and it doesn't show up, and I clicked on Effects at the top, and it shows up but not clickable. Can you tell me if Volume Curve works on midi objects and how I can get it to work?

Thank you for your time. :)

Procyon wrote on 12/24/2014, 8:19 PM

Creating a volume curve for a MIDI object must be done in the Vita MIDI Editor.

Open the MIDI object in the Vita MIDI Editor.  Make sure the velocity editor is turned on (the "graph" button at the top of the window).  Go to the pull-down menu at the bottom left in the velocity editor and choose the volume parameter (#7).  Now use the "graph tool" to draw a free-hand curve or use the "ramp tool" to draw smooth lines.  The "arrow" tool can be used to edit the curve after the fact.

You may need to practice a little bit to get the hang of it.  You can reference my tutorial on pitch-bending - it's pretty much the same process.

The alternative is to export the MIDI object as an audio file, import it back into the arrangement and use the Automation function to apply a volume curve as you did before.

order2q wrote on 12/26/2014, 3:36 AM

Creating a volume curve for a MIDI object must be done in the Vita MIDI Editor.

Open the MIDI object in the Vita MIDI Editor.  Make sure the velocity editor is turned on (the "graph" button at the top of the window).  Go to the pull-down menu at the bottom left in the velocity editor and choose the volume parameter (#7).  Now use the "graph tool" to draw a free-hand curve or use the "ramp tool" to draw smooth lines.  The "arrow" tool can be used to edit the curve after the fact.

You may need to practice a little bit to get the hang of it.  You can reference my tutorial on pitch-bending - it's pretty much the same process.

The alternative is to export the MIDI object as an audio file, import it back into the arrangement and use the Automation function to apply a volume curve as you did before.

Thank you! It was a very helpful answer. :)

MatrixMushroom wrote on 9/5/2018, 3:31 PM

Umm I want to know how to split them in the first place...

help

browj2 wrote on 9/5/2018, 4:02 PM

@MatrixMushroom

Try pressing the letter T.

Last changed by browj2 on 9/5/2018, 4:03 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 9/6/2018, 4:52 AM

@MatrixMushroom

Hi

I would advise you to read the PDF manual available under Help.

John EB