HOW TO ADD VST PLUGINS IN MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 20

edward-mora wrote on 8/18/2019, 2:25 AM

YES I HAVE DOWNLOADED A AUTOTUNE VST PLUGIN AND MUCH MORE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO ADD THEM TO MY MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 20 I TRYED TO OPEN THE PROGRAM SETTING AND GO TO THE ADD VST PATH FOLDER BUT STILL NOTHING MABE IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG I DONT KNOW ITS MY FIRST TIME TRYING TO ADD VST PLUGGINS TO MY MAGIX CAN SOMEONE PLEAS HELP AND GUIDE ME STEP BY STEP

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 8/18/2019, 5:18 AM

If you have the free version of Music maker you can't use VST. If you have purchased the Plus or Premium version you have to download Creative Suite from the store to get VST support as one of your available free add ons.

RaveyDavey wrote on 8/18/2019, 5:23 AM

Edward,

A couple of things.

1 VST support is only available for certain versions of MM - I think from Plus upwards so you need to confirm which version you have.

2 VST support is for 16 bit only so you need to check that your plugin is 16bit - a 32bit plugin won't work.

3 Assuming you have set the path correctly, save the VST path folder in MM programs setiing then restart MM and it should appear in Instruments.

4 Main thing to check is that the path for your plugin is correct - if you cannot see the plugin after restarting you may need to correct the path that you added.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 8/18/2019, 5:28 AM

2 VST support is for 16 bit only so you need to check that your plugin is 16bit - a 32bit plugin won't work.

Music maker supports 32 bit VST but not 64 bit.

RaveyDavey wrote on 8/18/2019, 9:02 AM

Music maker supports 32 bit VST but not 64 bit.

Thanks for the correction - God knows what I was thinking :)

RaveyDavey wrote on 8/18/2019, 9:06 AM

Edward,

One thing - I mentioned that instruments should appear and that is correct but if the plugin is not an instrument it may be an effect so you should look at the FX inspector to see if it appears there - I suspect that your AutoTune will appear there provided your path was correct.

Finlay-MacDuff wrote on 8/14/2020, 9:17 PM

@RaveyDavey - sorry to necro this thread, but I just wanted to say a big THANKS for your suggestion about the FX Inspector !! I couldn't work out why my GuitarRig5 plugin no longer worked, until your post jogged my memory !