This is why it's so confusing. I see that Magix attempted a withdraw to my debit card. Nothing at all about Boris. In my searches I saw the name Boris, but had no idea what it was. I guess I need to purse that. Thanks for the info.
Yes, as this post confirms, BorisFX now owns SoundForge.
However, I note you list Sound Forge v 18 and 19. These are versions produced by Magix so it seems you do need to contact them! (I admit I was not aware that it was necessary to pay yearly for SF?)
Have you tried sending an email to infoservice@magix.net to explain the problem and request their help?
Since no one is able to get MAGIX to respond and I am unable to reactive this program on my new PC, does anyone suggest a very user-friendly product that I can get instead? I do simple videos for our family reunions and sometimes for family reunions using still photos.
. . . . I am unable to reactive this program on my new PC . . . .
Assuming you are referring to Photostory easy Version 2.0.1.54 and you want something similar, the nearest program to the one you had is Photostory Deluxe which is compatible Windows 11.
I would suggest you download the trial verion and test if first, if it suits your needs buy the full version you require and use the serial number you receive by email to activate the trial version, you will then be able to download the Extra Content, more effects, templates and features.
Since I paid for MAGIX Photostory in full on 9/5/2025, why do I need to get an activation code from MAGIX to download videos from my camera? Why make this so hard?
Then when I tried to reactivate, MAGIX asked for my order number from 9/5/2025. I typed in the order number and they said it was not valid. Please provide help to remedy this problem.
@Thomas-Jeschke It depends on the image format or video codec you used while taking pictures/recording the video. Magix software supports some widely used image formats/video codecs out of the box, but many camera manufacturers have their own proprietary formats/codecs for certain features like HDR.
And to decode those images and videos Magix needs to pay license fees because these decoders are usually patented. There is no way around this except maybe using a special image/video editing software created by the camera manufacturer themselves.
If Magix would pay for every format/codec beforehand, then its video editing software would become a lot more expensive and most people would only need one specific codec and not the other ones and wouldn't want to pay the higher price.