How to make video fadeout / or add fade transition??

Apollo89x wrote on 11/8/2018, 5:10 PM

I edit all my videos using Windows Movie Maker as I personally find it far superior to Magix for editing (as you can add dozens of transitions, and adjust the duration of each transition, with just 1 simple click).

I have a video of which I edited already, and saved out of WMM into WMV format (to maintain bitrate),

Now I need to just upload it into MEP and save it into MP4 format (as MEP maintains bitrate even when saving to MP4 format).

My problem though is that I forgot to add a fadeout to black at the end of the clip! :(

But so is there a simple easy way which I can do that in MEP please?

I have a plain black slide, so if MEP doesn't have a fadeout to black option I could just stick the black slide at the end, but need to add a faded transition into that slide.

But is there a simple easy way which I can do that in MEP?

Thanks

Comments

CubeAce wrote on 11/8/2018, 5:34 PM

Enlarge the clip at the end and click on the video using the timeline view. You may notice a white line running across the top with a white dot at the end. Simply grab the dot with a left click of the mouse and drag to the left to the length of fade you need.

Last changed by CubeAce on 11/8/2018, 5:34 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Asus P8 Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard. Intel i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40Ghz quad core. 16GB ram. Windows 7 Pro 64bit with service pack1 plus all updates. 2 x 320GB SSD drives striped for faster R/W times. WD internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives. Total 8TB. Three external WD drives for backup. NVdia Gforce GT 1030 Graphics clock 1252Mhz Memory data rate 6008Mhz. CUDA cores 384 Memory interface 64bit Memory bandwidth 48.06 GB/s 2GB of dedicated video memory, shared sytem memory 9967MB PCi Express x4 Gen3.

wongck wrote on 11/8/2018, 9:36 PM

wow! you are doing 2 encoding to get to MP4.

I did not follow the other threads, but WMM can also do MP4, but not sure of the bit-rates.

Apollo89x wrote on 11/8/2018, 9:41 PM

Enlarge the clip at the end and click on the video using the timeline view. You may notice a white line running across the top with a white dot at the end. Simply grab the dot with a left click of the mouse and drag to the left to the length of fade you need.

Thankyou, I will do this in the morning once MEP isn't in-use on my laptop.

Apollo89x wrote on 11/8/2018, 9:47 PM

wow! you are doing 2 encoding to get to MP4.

I did not follow the other threads, but WMM can also do MP4, but not sure of the bit-rates.

Yes, I shoot in MP4 format, upload onto MM, edit the clip, export into WMV format, upload onto Magix, and then export as MP4.

MM does ofcourse have the main option to export as MP4, but the bitrate decreases quite significantly;

However MM maintains nearly the same bitrate even when exporting to MP4.