How to prevent crossfade transitions with Speed changes?

Matthew-Bonomo wrote on 2/5/2020, 5:12 PM

Hello, I'm using MEP Premium

I tend to have this issue, where every time I edit a trimmed clip, or multiple clips. Crossfade transitions are automatically created between said clips. It's very disruptive and I can't find an option to prevent it. I also usually toggle Maintain length (crossfade occurs regardless of this option) and re-sampling to the algorithm.

Thanks.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 2/5/2020, 6:29 PM

@Matthew-Bonomo

Which version of MEP are you using? See under Help, About.

I tried with VPX and didn't have any problem - no x-fade with Maintain length checked.

Try going into mouse mode for single track or all tracks to see if the other objects get pushed along. That said, Maintain length should do exactly that.

John CB

John C.B.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Home 1903; 16Gb RAM; i7 CPU 860@2.80Gz; ATI Radeon HD5770 w1GB; SSD 500GB, HD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB; dual monitors - 27" main, 25" secondary; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer; Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 1903

Matthew-Bonomo wrote on 2/5/2020, 6:51 PM

I'm using version 19.0.2.49 Should be the latest as I updated it two weeks ago.

I fiddled around a bit more and it looks like Maintain length and single track worked out well.

Must have had too to many clips together and got lost in the tangle, left maintain unchecked. But you've helped me confirm the fix.

Thanks again.

Matt