"How to record" tutorial freezes for Audio Studio 13

Clinton-Milgrom wrote on 1/9/2021, 5:18 PM

I'm working with Sound Forge Audio Studio 13 on Windows. Going through the tutorials and the most important one, "how to record", freezes after hitting the record button. Step 2 of 3, "click the record button to open the record dialogue", which i do, but no record dialogue opens and the "next" button on the tutorial doesnt engage. So i cant proceed with the tutorial.

Also, i dont see this covered in the tutorial titles, i want to multi track record. Nothing fancy. Just putting down one track at a time. And listening to playback while recording the next track. Any advice or links to better tutorials would be much appreciated.

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/9/2021, 5:32 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Clinton-Milgrom..

I am not familiar with the tutorials .. or recording with AS (Audio Studio). But in any case, Sound Forge is an 'editing' application and not suited for overdub work. See this post:
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/recording-audio-as-the-track-plays--1263969/

condex wrote on 1/10/2021, 7:02 AM

Just putting down one track at a time. And listening to playback while recording the next track

I don't have Audio Studio but with Sound Forge Pro 10 to 14 (the Pro version of AS), I haven't been aware or have ever heard/read that playback/record at the same time was ever an option.

johnebaker wrote on 1/10/2021, 9:19 AM

@Clinton-Milgrom

Hi

Which tutorial are you following a link to it would help?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Clinton-Milgrom wrote on 1/10/2021, 1:32 PM

It sounds like I have the wrong program for my needs. Thank you all for the feedback.