I'm a beginner. Can anyone offer step by step on how to copy an unprotected DVD to MEP14 then to my IPOD. I have searched the online help and my manual. There are no easy instructions.

babiepen wrote on 11/29/2008, 7:39 AM
I'm a beginner.  Can anyone offer step by step on how to copy an unprotected DVD to MEP14 then to my IPOD.  I have searched the online help and my manual. There are no easy instructions.

Comments

webguy wrote on 11/29/2008, 11:36 AM
Copy the .vob file from the DVD into MEP, then export as a mp4
webguy wrote on 11/29/2008, 5:26 PM
Ok, try this. Go here and get a converter that will convert vob files. Convert the file to avi or mpeg and edit the conversion file.
Morbotron wrote on 12/1/2008, 10:51 AM
Open up the VIDEO_TS directory on the DVD and copy the VOB files over to your hard drive. Then open up MEP and import the VOB files via the Media Pool. You can skip VTS_01_0.VOB if it's there - that's the menu. Start with VTS_01_1.VOB. And as webguy said, export as MPEG4 - click "File" - "Export movie" and choose MPEG4.
You mention you have already tried opening the VOB files in MEP but were unable to - could you give more info, like if you received any error messages or how exactly you went about importing. Maybe we could figure out what's going on.