I'm looking for audio pan & volume curve in Audio Studio 12

Kitae-Lee wrote on 11/14/2022, 6:10 PM

Hello, I'm a user of Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 Steam Edition.

Audio Studio 12 has many cool features. However, I can't find some basic tools. Audio panning and volume adjustments with curves. I think it's strange that I can't find these basic audio editing features on the menu.

Is there any way to find or add these functions? Like updating programs or adding plug-ins.

Or, I would like to know if there is a VST plug-in that can perform this function.

(ps. I also don't see the dialog box for the graphic fade feature!)

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/15/2022, 7:29 AM

@Kitae-Lee Please check if you have the Insert > Pan Envelope or Insert > Volume Envelope or Process > Pan or Effects > Envelope options.

Kitae-Lee wrote on 11/15/2022, 9:51 AM

@Kitae-Lee Please check if you have the Insert > Pan Envelope or Insert > Volume Envelope or Process > Pan or Effects > Envelope options.

Unfortunately, those functions cannot be found on the menu.

john_barr wrote on 11/15/2022, 10:29 AM

Hi Kitae-Lee. The effects you are looking for are available in the Pro version only.

Kitae-Lee wrote on 11/15/2022, 10:44 AM

Hi Kitae-Lee. The effects you are looking for are available in the Pro version only.

Thank you for your reply. And it still feels strange that it doesn't include basic editing features.

john_barr wrote on 11/15/2022, 10:47 AM

The Audio Studio version is very simple, it does not have many features.

john_barr wrote on 11/15/2022, 10:51 AM

See Effects comparison between versions:

rraud wrote on 11/15/2022, 10:53 AM

Sound Forge AS (Audio Studio) 12 was a unique build (pros & cons) and the UI was significantly different from SF Pro and other versions of AS . As @john_barr stated, the low cost Audio Studio series in general does not support automation like SF Pro
As a work-around, you can try using the 'Graphic fade' process, which does have an envelope, The resolution however will probably not be high enough for precise interpolations on the entire timeline, so I recommend adjusting one smaller region at a time.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Kitae-Lee.
If you are interested in upgrading to SF Pro, you can get the upgrade discount to SF Pro using your AS-12 activation serial.

Kitae-Lee wrote on 11/15/2022, 11:09 AM

See Effects comparison between versions:

The comparison table you attached was helpful. Thank you. Indeed, Audio Studio 12 is a unique version with clear advantages and disadvantages.

Volume Curve = No
Professional pitch bend = Yes
Audio Panning = No
Advanced Spectral Cleaning = Yes

Kitae-Lee wrote on 11/15/2022, 11:16 AM

Sound Forge AS (Audio Studio) 12 was a unique build (pros & cons) and the UI was significantly different from SF Pro and other versions of AS . As @john_barr stated, the low cost Audio Studio series in general does not support automation like SF Pro
As a work-around, you can try using the 'Graphic fade' process, which does have an envelope, The resolution however will probably not be high enough for precise interpolations on the entire timeline, so I recommend adjusting one smaller region at a time.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Kitae-Lee.
If you are interested in upgrading to SF Pro, you can get the upgrade discount to SF Pro using your AS-12 activation serial.

Thank you for your detailed and kind reply.
Actually, I was thinking about upgrading to Sound Forge Pro, but I'm in trouble because I don't know where I can check the activation serial number of Steam Edition.
Thank you.

john_barr wrote on 11/15/2022, 11:25 AM

Send email to infoservice@magix.net for more information.

rraud wrote on 11/15/2022, 11:32 AM

Hi at @Kitae-Lee, the Sound Forge activation serial number is usually stated in "Help> About Sound Forge..", but I am not sure about the Steam edition and the upgrade discount may not be available using Steam. For a definitive answer, email the Magix sales team ( sales@magix.net ). or customer service ( infoservice@magix.net ),

Kitae-Lee wrote on 11/15/2022, 11:36 AM

Hi at @Kitae-Lee, the Sound Forge activation serial number is usually stated in "Help> About Sound Forge..", but I am not sure about the Steam edition and the upgrade discount may not be available using Steam. For a definitive answer, email the Magix sales team ( sales@magix.net ). or customer service ( infoservice@magix.net ),

Thank you. I'll try it as you wrote in the comments.