import date

Paul-Steyfkens wrote on 3/1/2020, 2:32 AM

Can we change the structure of the folder created by importing Photos?

Now it creates the folder as "yyyy-mm-dd, day of week", which really is a dumb format.

Should be a selectable option or something like "yyyy-mm-dd" or "yyymmdd"

I hoped that after more than 8 years(bought it the first time in 2012) they would have put these simple options in it.

Feels like i wasted my money (again) on the latest version.

PS.

Do people actually work on your support devision?

Logged a cases or 2 about this, But never received any response, except an automated message.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/1/2020, 4:28 AM

@Paul-Steyfkens

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please note this is a user to user forum and not Magix Support.

. . . . it creates the folder as "yyyy-mm-dd, day of week", which really is a dumb format . . . .

It is a format that enables user readability and sorting by name to work correctly due to Windows treating numbers in file and folder names as characters.

A yyy-mm-dd format will not work correctly when sorting by name as would other formats, such as dd-mm-yy or dd-mm-yyyy, would have issues when sorting by date.

Once import is complete right click the folder and change its name.

. . . . Do people actually work on your support devision? . . . .

All support is carried out through a Ticketing system, this ensures that every issue is logged and forward to the appropriate development team.

What you are wanting is a feature request.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.