in SFPro 13, vst interfaces not appearing correctly

joseph-p wrote on 4/24/2019, 4:04 PM

so I upgraded from SFPro 12.1 to 13.0. now all the user interfaces for my vst effects are busted and unusable. the attached pics shows the waves NS1 plug-in. the first pic is the broken interface in SFP13. none of the controls shown do anything. the second pic is the actual interface as seen in SFP12.1. also, some effects won't open at all and worse, some will crash SFP13.0 altogether. magix support has been of little, if any, help so far. anyone come across this?  my system specs are listed below. thanks in advance. ...joe

cpu="AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor         "

os="Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 64-bit" (Win 10 Pro)

memory="Available: 8,321,620 bytes, Free: 4,367,640 bytes"

g1="AMD Radeon R7 200 Series 1920x1080"

s1="Realtek High Definition Audio (ok)"
s2="AMD High Definition Audio Device (ok)"
s3="USB Audio Device (ok)"

Comments

jko wrote on 4/25/2019, 2:09 AM

Hello! have you tried unticking "Generic VST editor" in Preferences/VST Effects and refreshed?

Hope that helps.

RobertD wrote on 4/25/2019, 9:14 AM

I am using version 13 latest build 48 and the problem is that version 13 hates waves plugins. On my system I have 82 waves plugins in the path, no matter if they are vst,vst2 or vst3 versions sound forge will either freeze loading or take 30 plus minutes to load. When the waves plugins are taken out of the path it loads up within a minute.

joseph-p wrote on 4/25/2019, 9:39 AM

Hello! have you tried unticking "Generic VST editor" in Preferences/VST Effects and refreshed?

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately, it's not checked. And it seems to happen on all plugins, not just waves.

By the way, to RobertD, search the forum for "bypass VST scanning on startup." There is a way to do that so it starts right up...

...joe

ste_c wrote on 4/26/2019, 6:34 AM

Lots of problems with SF 13 & VST plugins here too; Waves (v7 - 32Bit) all give a 'failed to load' error ...all except their 'IDR' plugin !? These all work in SF 12.1. (I have both versions of SF loaded side-by-side)

All 21 Soundtoys (64Bit) working ok, GUI is fine.

Izotope RX7 & Elements failing also.

Your new VST engine needs a patch asap, please Magix !

>Update 29/4/2019 : crash when loading Waves plugs :
Problem Description
   Application Name:    SOUND FORGE Pro
   Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 48) 64-bit
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 13.0\sfvstwrap.dll
   Fault Address:       0x000000000CA72C57
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000312C57

osflaa wrote on 5/30/2019, 7:23 AM

Also, the issues with how Sound Forge Pro 12 handles some VST-windows are still present in version 13. I reported the issues about six months ago and even made a video, but I am afraid the reports just end up in their trash can. I bought Sound Forge for mastering but so far I have only used it to trim the start and end of the masters. It is kind of expensive tool for that task.

joseph-p wrote on 5/30/2019, 11:07 AM

and, from SFP12, I'm still having problems with the BBE SonicSweet plug-ins. in SFP12, the plug-ins refused to show up at all. in SFP13, the plug-ins show up, but SFP crashes hard when I try to use them. all in all, the way SFP handles VST's under Magix is much worse then under Sony. and here I thought things couldn't get any worse than under Sony, and hopefully would get better under Magix. ha, joke's on me. sigh...

jko wrote on 6/4/2019, 4:19 AM

@osflaa @joseph-p the bug reports are not in the bin but led to the complete rework of the VST engine. we know about incompatible plugins and working on a new patch that addresses those problems. thx for your patience!

osflaa wrote on 7/17/2019, 7:11 AM

The latest improvements are great, but there are still bugs in SF Pro 13 build 96 when resizing VSTs. The first picture (Voxengo Span Plus VST3) shows how the GUI never was updated after resizing the window. However it was easily solved by resizing it one more time. The other picture (Youlean Loudness Meter VST3) shows how it is impossible to resize the window if you make the window smaller than the VST GUI. This can easily be solved by closing and opening the VST GUI. Resizing a VST GUI (don't remember which VST) while a file was playing also resulted in Sound Forge Pro 13 build 76 freezing and all changes was lost.

osflaa wrote on 7/26/2019, 5:29 AM

@jko The graphical glitches shown in my previous post are still present in build 100. Just for your information.

rraud wrote on 7/26/2019, 11:00 AM

Not to go off topic, but regarding the 'Youlean Loudness Meter', Sound Forge Pro can read the LU loudness measurements much faster than real time meters, using 'Statistics' in the 'Tools' menu. It also has an internal real-time LU meter option.

Hopefully Magix will fix the remaining VST bugs soon.

osflaa wrote on 7/27/2019, 5:19 AM

Not to go off topic, but regarding the 'Youlean Loudness Meter', Sound Forge Pro can read the LU loudness measurements much faster than real time meters, using 'Statistics' in the 'Tools' menu. It also has an internal real-time LU meter option.

Hopefully Magix will fix the remaining VST bugs soon.

Thank you! Yes, both the statistics, "generate loudness log" and loudness meters give a lot of useful information. Youlean Loudness Meter can also analyze audio files offline, but the main reason why I use it is because it draws very useful loudness and dynamics graphs in real time. I find this very useful as a visual reference while adjusting VSTs/effects.

I'm very happy that there have been three updates with bug fixes lately. I believe/hope this indicates that they currently focus on the VST engine/wrapper. There are so many specialized VST tools available so this is crucial to me.

rraud wrote on 7/27/2019, 10:54 AM

"I'm very happy that there have been three updates with bug fixes lately."

> An update was released a few days ago.(build 100). Release notes state:
"Destructive FX dialog fix: VST3 plug-ins preset name had changed to 'default' on any parameter change
Project load/save with Melodyne ARA modifications
CoreFX Volume Former update to version 1.0.5
VST and ARA stability fixes
"

Les-Lingle wrote on 7/31/2019, 4:15 PM

I think you totally skrewed up a perfectly awesome audio editor. So far in this release Waves plugins don't work they just look nice a do nothing. The meters no longer auto reset level and why are you creating extra sound files every time you do a save as ... then you get a new file and a extra "sound" file. Also now your favorite plugins just go away with out notice and what is with so many crashes and why do I have to close the program when I want to start another project? Please address these issues or sell your rights back to Sony I never had issue with their versions

rraud wrote on 8/1/2019, 12:26 PM

"I think you totally skrewed up a perfectly awesome audio editor."
> Who is "you"?.. I will assume you are referring to Magix, Forum moderators are not employees of MAGIX Software GmbH.

"I never had issue with their versions" (Sony).
> @Les-Lingle is in the minority.

TPeirce-Baker wrote on 12/10/2019, 2:56 PM

Can the waves issue be fixed? Geez. I am totally let down. I supposed I should have researched and not trusted.

osflaa wrote on 12/13/2019, 3:51 AM

Can the waves issue be fixed? Geez. I am totally let down. I supposed I should have researched and not trusted.

I can understand your frustration, but I think you should follow up tech support on this. I am afraid there are no Magix employees who regularly read the posts in this forum and I know tech support can "forget" reported bugs.

joseph-p wrote on 12/13/2019, 5:49 PM

I can understand your frustration, but I think you should follow up tech support on this. I am afraid there are no Magix employees who regularly read the posts in this forum and I know tech support can "forget" reported bugs.

and that's the problem. I'm a member of many product forums where employees are regularly participating and helping out. that doesn't happen here. and I've reported the VST problems to tech support (tech un-support?) with not even an inkling of acknowledgement or a solution. and the same problems exist in each successive version update or build. I'm afraid that, after many years with SF from version 4 from Sonic Foundry, through Sony and now Magix, I'll be researching alternatives to SF. I have too much real work to get done to be playing around with toys...

Patrick-BOULMIER wrote on 4/23/2023, 3:40 AM

Hope that helps.

That worked perfectly for me, Thanks. I forgot I ticked this button trying to fix something else. I can't stand waiting to have money to update to v17, VST engine has been reworked ... as far as I know.

rraud wrote on 4/23/2023, 11:29 AM

to update to v17, VST engine has been reworked

It was 'reworked' in SF-16 but there are still problems the devs are working on . Try out the free trial version for 30 days,