Independance

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 12/9/2022, 7:50 AM

Independence Pro Standard,

I see two issues here:

I just purchased and down loaded and installed the program and runs, but it can't find the library of instruments. If I manually find the library, and select the file it says can't open file.

I get the same response in both stand alone mode and/or trying to select independence as a synth from within a larger program, in this case CU-base.

I don't understand why the stand alone version doesn't work?

This is my second note the support about this, no response.

Using a dell computer, windows 10.

XPS 8900 i7-6700 cpu, 8GB ram, 64 bit OS.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/9/2022, 8:20 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058 You need to run the separate Independence Free Library installer or else they won't load because it installs the library registration tools.

You can download the installer from here in case you don't have it https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/free-download/independence-free-sampler-software/

emmrecs wrote on 12/9/2022, 8:26 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so this is not any contact for Magix Support, sorry!

However, we can try at least to help you!

In addition to the program, did you also download and install the instruments library? They come as zipped files and need to be unzipped and installed (by the installer) before they can be accessed in Independence. The default location for these to install is C:\Program Files(x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\Independence Standard\image files. If you navigate to that location do you see a number of quite large files with .ytif extension? I have Independence Pro so that folder for me contains 76 of those files; clearly, Independence Standard will have fewer.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 12/9/2022, 3:27 PM

i did reload the library to no avail. when i find the files they will not load.

I can find the files with the .ytif extension and there is data in all the files when I look at file size.

When i went to delete the recent installation, I found a 3.5 and a 3.6 version in the applications list. See snip.

I JUST PURCHASED THE license A FEW WEEKS AGO it shows up in my products list.

Not sure where to go from here?

SP. wrote on 12/9/2022, 3:41 PM

@Peter-Gentile7058 Please check if your system blocks the RegIndBundle.exe and RegINDLib.exe files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Independence Libraries\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Independence Libraries\

If these exe files are blocked by your firewall or antivirus the library cannot be unlocked and shows the "can't find file" error.

The library files are usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 12/10/2022, 8:40 AM

Thanks for the tip, if I run each of theses execs the dos window appears then shuts down before I can read what it says.

Checked the security privilege's of these execs, modified and gave all privilege's to all users and applications with no change in behavior.

When I search My library shows up in the Documents directory, independance, not the programs directory, The independence files are empty in the documents location , in programs location i have the indepennace files, all the library files.

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 12/10/2022, 8:53 AM

When i go to the browser Indepennace now comes up with the list of instruments files, listing both free and pro files. if i continue on the list of instruments appears for both pro and free. if i continue on i get the window attached

:

then i end up with the can't find file window again.

When I do auto-find i end up in the documents directory which has and empty layer directory.

Seems independence is wired to go to the documents directory. Any thoughts..

SP. wrote on 12/10/2022, 9:20 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058 That Independence finds the same sample name twice is normal because it looks like you installed the free library and the paid library. The samples of the free library are also included in the paid library. You can select one out of the two samples and the library should load fine. But on your case it doesn't load fine because your library isn't registered.

If you load an instrument from a library for the first time, you need to enter the serial number and your Magix user account email. For the free library you only need to enter the Magix user account email.

The registration window should look like this:

If this window doesn't appear you cannot use the libraries and get a "file not found error". You can't do anything about this other than completing the registration process. It will not help to search for samples. The samples are encrypted in the ytil files (usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\), you cannot access them without a completed registration.

So, now we need to find out, why the registration window doesn't show up for you. My guess is, that your Windows user account and security settings don't allow Independence to open RegIndBundle.exe and RegINDLib.exe files.

Does it make a difference if you run Independence standalone as administrator by right clicking on the program icon?

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 12/11/2022, 9:09 AM

No it makes no difference, i also changed the security permissions to all for all entries, makes no difference. When i search for the files from independence it keeps going to the documents directory but the actual file are in the programs directory.

RegIndBundle.exe and RegINDLib.exe files - if i open them directly I get an what looks like an MSDos window with error messages, it happens quickly then disappears so I can't read the full message.

SP. wrote on 12/11/2022, 12:09 PM

@Peter-Gentile7058 Maybe you need to create a new admin account or give your current Windows user account administrator privileges. I'm pretty much out of ideas. On my system it works flawlessly.

johnebaker wrote on 12/11/2022, 1:37 PM

@Peter-Gentile7058

Hi

A bit of a longshot, however check the following Internet protocols are all active as shown below.

HTH

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 4:11 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058  Возможно, вам нужно создать новую учетную запись администратора или перейти к текущей учетной записи администратора прав пользователя Windows. У меня почти закончились идеи. В моей системе работает безупречно.

I'm having the same problem now. It's been the same thing for many years. When I reinstall Windows
 I experience the same problems with Independence. I don’t remember how I managed to register the
 library last time, I was supposed to write down the method, but didn’t do it ((I can’t license 
the Independence - World, Ethno, Orchestral & Industrial Percussion library. Where  i can open the 
registration window for it?? By itself It doesn’t open. Give me a normal  step-by-step  instruction 
for registration. The Internet is silent, your site is silent, I’m like a bloodhound. Or I don’t know 
how to use Google (sarcasm). For the Independence sampler, the registration window appeared as it 
should and the registration went fine. Where form for registration Independence World, Ethno, Orchestral 
& Industrial Percussion???  Antivirus and firewall are set OK (I think these actions are nonsense, but 
I did them).  When I try to launch the tool, a window appears - . What e-license Manager are we talking about in this window? There are no such files on this path! As you advised above,  need to install the free version of Independence. But this is not possible for me since I did not find the installer. More questions than answers ((
Over the years, Magix has not created a reliable and simple activation system. Which as a user is extremely disappointing. I would have abandoned this library a long time ago, but it is used in too many projects ((

johnebaker wrote on 4/26/2024, 5:10 AM

@scarlatino

Hi

. . . . need to install the free version of Independence. But this is not possible for me since I did not find the installer . . . . Or I don’t know how to use Google (sarcasm) . . . .

A quick Google search for 'Magix Independence Free' comes up with a link to here at the top of the list.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/26/2024, 5:15 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 5:15 AM

@scarlatino Which version are you using? Look under Preferences for the version number.

Independence that comes as a bonus with Samplitude only works inside Samplitude, in case you want to use that version.

I also believe that you need to install the old .NET frameworks from Microsoft, to get the licenser running.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows

Are your libraries bought from Magix or from Yellow Tools? Maybe you need to install an older Yellow Tools version first?

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 5:26 AM

@scarlatino

Hi

. . . . need to install the free version of Independence. But this is not possible for me since I did not find the installer . . . . Or I don’t know how to use Google (sarcasm) . . . .

A quick Google search for 'Magix Independence Free' comes up with a link to here at the top of the list.

John EB
Forum Moderator

I tried this because... I can Google. This link downloads file independence_softwaresuite_32_dlm.exe.This is an installer with the same name as for Independence Pro Standard.

It lacks the Independent Free component

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 5:44 AM

@scarlatino Which version are you using? Look under Preferences for the version number.

Independence that comes as a bonus with Samplitude only works inside Samplitude, in case you want to use that version.

I also believe that you need to install the old .NET frameworks from Microsoft, to get the licenser running.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows

Are your libraries bought from Magix or from Yellow Tools? Maybe you need to install an older Yellow Tools version first?

1. Version number is 3.5.0.286

2. installation old .NET frameworks Didn't help.

3. The library was purchased from the Yellow Tools 100 years ago. But I definitely activated it in Independence 3.5.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 6:05 AM

@scarlatino It probably doesn't work because the library is so old it is still searching under C:\Program Files (×86)\Common Files\Yellow Tools\.

The Magix licensers are stored under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Magix Services\Independence Libraries\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Magix Services\Independence Libraries\.

I suggest you copy the content of the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Magix Services\Independence Libraries\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Yellow Tools\. Maybe it will then work.

3. The library was purchased from the Yellow Tools 100 years ago. But I definitely activated it in Independence 3.5.

Maybe this was possible because you installed an older version of Independence which came from Yellow Tools before installing version 3.5?

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 6:08 AM

@scarlatino The last time you activated it, was it on a computer where you had the old Yellow Tools version installed before?

I do not remember. Extremely unlikely. Now I have installed a new system on a new computer. And I install all the programs again.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 6:18 AM

@scarlatino

If I remember it correctly, after installing and running the software, it will ask you, if you want to run the free version or want to enter a serial number.

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 6:25 AM

@scarlatino

If I remember it correctly, after installing and running the software, it will ask you, if you want to run the free version or want to enter a serial number.

Most likely I entered the serial number of Independence Pro Standard. When I delete and reinstall and run the program it doesn't ask for the serial key now. Apparently, uninstaller not full remove the program. And you need to completely remove the program in Windows, but how?

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 6:39 AM

@scarlatino Why you want to remove it? Have it tried to locate the licensers in the directories I mentioned and to copy them into the Yellow Tools folder?

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 6:52 AM

@scarlatino Why you want to remove it?

Have it tried to locate the licensers in the directories I mentioned and to copy them into the Yellow Tools folder?

1. I want to completely uninstall so that during a new installation the process of choosing between entering the key and starting the free version begins.

2. I tried to locate the licensers in the directories...Results.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 7:33 AM

@scarlatino Ok, it looks like the library isn't compatible with licenser of the Magix version of Independence. Maybe I can find a backup of the old Yellow Tools installer, but I believe I threw my old discs away and only have the Magix version.

I'm not sure why you want to go back to the free version. You likely need to delete a number of keys in the Windows registry to reset the software. But in my opinion it doesn't make any sense to reset it. If the dialog shows up again, then what? You want to click on "Free version", but then Independence is limited to 25 samples. There is no other difference.

If you want to enter the library key, it will not work either. It needs the Yellow Tools E-License Manager.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2024, 7:36 AM

@scarlatino I have another idea. Try to install Best Service Engine and try to load your libraries with it. Maybe this will work

https://ms.bestservice.com/dwl/Engine/Engine_2.8.0.58_win.zip

scarlatino wrote on 4/26/2024, 8:08 AM

@scarlatino I have another idea. Try to install Best Service Engine and try to load your libraries with it. Maybe this will work

https://ms.bestservice.com/dwl/Engine/Engine_2.8.0.58_win.zip

I'm tired. I don't know what else to do(((