Is it possible to manipulate a beat then have it go back to its original sound all iwhin the same 2 bars?

raftdodger29 wrote on 2/15/2011, 8:55 AM

What I am looking to do is manipulate a beat.  For example i want the beat to start out normal then 1/4 of the way thru it i want to turn the reverb up then 3/4 of the way thru it i want to turn the reverb back to normal.  I know how to keyframe with a video editor and this sounds like something similar but i dont know if magix makes it possible to do.  Can anyone help me??


Procyon wrote on 2/15/2011, 9:06 AM

"Can anyone help me??"


Not when you don't even bother to tell us which program you are asking about.


[edit]  Thank you!

Procyon wrote on 2/15/2011, 11:13 PM

Your reference to video keyframes doesn't seem relevant and just added to my confusion.


The easiest techinque to use to achieve your goal is "cross-fading".


You need to "split" your object at the begining and ending points where you want the full change of effect.  Drop the dissected piece down to the next track.  Use the bottom handles to stretch the beginning and end of the object out so that it overlaps the remnants of the original object above.


Move the end volume handles on the the upper and lower objects to the end of the adjacent object.  As one ramps down, the other one ramps up.  This is a cross-fade.


Then, open the object Audio Effects Rack for the object you want the extra reverb on and set it as desired.




Set red marker and hit 'T' key to split. Don't worry too much about being exact.  It can easily be adjusted after the fact.



Drop object down, stretch out and cross-fade...



Add effects...




Note:  The cross-fade can be as short or as long as you want.  In fact, if you want the change in effect to be abrupt, you don't need the cross-fade at all.