Is there a way to avoid "lost ASIO buffers" ?

antstv wrote on 6/22/2014, 4:46 AM

Hallo to everybody.

I' m using Sam Pro-X Suite 12.4 (30 days trial) with Focusrite 2i4 sound card, and I really like it, but...

I keep getting "Lost ASIO buffers" message while playing or recording. The problem looks to

retreat only if I record @ 48KHz / 24bit, and getting wrost @ 44 / 16 recordings !!!

I' ve tried various buffer (and program) settings. Nothing helped until now. Generally, the program

behavior remains the same (10-15 Lost Buffers / min during playing a 2 track session!).

Hardware: Asus P7P55D-Pro / Intel i5-760 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance (O.C. 1600) / 2 x WD Caviar Black

O.S: Windows 8.1 (x64)

I' d love any suggestions/solutions. It is essential for me to leave this issue behind, before I procced

buying this software.

THANKS in advance.

Comments

stuartander wrote on 6/22/2014, 9:28 AM

i have the same issue....

Anyone know why? i have various vocal recordings, but they wnt play all the way through :(

johnebaker wrote on 6/22/2014, 2:31 PM

Hi

Is the message coming from Samplitude or the Focusrite device drivers?

Posting a screen shot of the error message will help.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/22/2014, 2:31 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

antstv wrote on 6/23/2014, 2:16 PM

Hi

John

John, thanx a lot for your interest.

The message is coming from Samplitude (lower right corner). I' ve got no problems when I' m

using Focurite with Cubase-5 or Ableton Live Suite.

antstv wrote on 6/24/2014, 12:03 AM

Hi

John

John, thanx a lot for your interest.

The message is coming from Samplitude (lower right corner). I' ve got no problems when I' m

using Focurite with Cubase-5 or Ableton Live Suite.

Eleyan wrote on 7/30/2014, 12:31 PM

I activated the ASIO driver that came with MAGIX Music Maker 2014 for the first time today.

In recent days I loaded up DirectX 10 which I didn't have before, thinking it would improve sound handling.

It didn't stop a bunch of VST/VITA sounds from not working.  Which is still a problem.

Today, when I activated the Magix ASIO driver I found there was a jerkiness to the sound playback when I intentionally did 8 tracks of backing vocals of only 8 bars in length with FX.   When I opened up a saved/exported Mp3 in Magix, it didn't bring it up in any sort of track, but the whole song field was blank, no waveform, nothing.

At the same time, while I used to save a copy of the whole song, that would automatically play back using KM Player, I found that the KMPlayer was stuffed, ie.:  Error:   "The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll".    The Piano synth sounds would not work either.   I am going to try to go back to not using the ASIO driver as it is causing conflicts with a few other functions on my computer that used to work smoothly and reliably.    This is not an answer, but I can relate to ASIO problems.   I hope you find the cure.

Last changed by Eleyan on 7/30/2014, 12:31 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

If it isn't broke and it isn't working, maybe it doesn't exist.    

"Existential Standards:  Essential for the Modern Man of Today"