IT Installing and managing license for Soundforge 14

Mountain1 wrote on 1/14/2021, 1:00 PM

I am teaching an audio class for a community college online. I purchased Soundforge14 to be installed by IT for laptops that the college will lend to students for the semester. What is my next step to get the campus IT department what they need to install and manage the licenses. I purchased the program from a vendor who sent me to this website for help. Thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/14/2021, 1:30 PM

@Mountain1

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I suspect no-one who visits and posts here has any knowledge or experience with licence issues for an installation like yours; I assume you have actually bought multiple licences?. I would suggest you contact infoservice@magix.net and ask them.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

Mountain1 wrote on 1/14/2021, 6:46 PM

Yes, we've got multiple licenses. Thank you for the suggestion Jeff!

johnebaker wrote on 1/15/2021, 5:38 AM

@Mountain1

Hi

As @emmrecs has advised you need to contact Magix, some Magix programs have Network Licencing Managers for managing the number of licences in a business or education environment.

. . . . we've got multiple licenses . . . .

Did you contact Magix and ask about multi user licensing, or purchase for example - 10 units and now have 10 different serial numbers?

In a multi user environment the norm is to purchase a multi user (number of seats) licence which is usually one licence and serial number for a specific number of seats.

Depending on the licensing conditions, this can mean you install on as many computers as you wish, however only the number of 'seats' purchased can be active at any one time - this is very useful when you want to allow access to the software on any computer it is installed on. The Network Licensing Manager is used to control the number of seats.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021.

Running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60GB internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.