Lags after upgrade from 2016 Plus to 2020 Plus

Artan wrote on 1/6/2020, 3:56 PM

Hellow guys !

This is just a fast posting, interrupting my work few moments, hopefully I can find a fast solution. I used 2016 plus version, till these days and was working great on my old laptop, as well on my new laptop, but after purchasing the update for 2020, editing on Magix in same context , it became a nightmare !

Just as example, I have 2 1080 video tracks opened and one audio and even with smooth playback enabled, the program still have lags, get interrupted. Since the old version worked fine on same laptop and did pretty acceptable even with 4K, my believe is that might be some issues with the update or something I miss. They advertise that should be much faster than older versions, so having these lags, is unacceptable. I mean..right now, I hit play on the project and at some point, sound like it's freezing, repeating the sound and the image.

Honestly, on the new version, I was expecting not even need to use proxy files on 1080 videos or smooth play. I only upgraded on 2020 version, because 2016 Plus, had issues reproducing the new GoPro Hero 8 audio. Other than that, I was just happy with the old version. I exclude hardware problems, since I still have old version installed and works ok.

Comments

CubeAce wrote on 1/6/2020, 5:06 PM

@Artan

Hi.

You can't exclude hardware problems just because another program runs.

Full system details please or you are just basically saying 'It's broken please fix it' with us not having a clue as to what could be wrong.

The program is faster than the old version at rendering but only if your hardware is up to the job, otherwise the program may well just overtax your system.

Ray.

Windows 10 Enterprise. version 1909.OS Build 18363.720. Latest Bios update as well as latest hardware updates for Western digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with 32GB of 2133MHz Corsair DDR4 ram. 1000 watt EVGA modular power supply. 2 x 320GB SSD drives striped for faster R/W times are my C: drive. 1 320gig Toshiba M2.1 drive. + x2 WD BLACK 2TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives. Total 4TB. Three external WD drives for backup. NVIDIA G Force GT 1030 Graphics clock 1252Mhz Memory data rate 6008Mhz. 384 CUDA cores. Memory interface 64bit Memory bandwidth 48.06 GB/s 2GB of dedicated video memory, shared system memory 9967MB PCi Express x4 Gen3. Running MEP Premium 19.0.2.58

johnebaker wrote on 1/7/2020, 5:43 AM

@Artan

Hi

We need more information on your computer system see this topic for what is required.

. . . . They advertise that should be much faster than older versions, so having these lags, is unacceptable . . . .

Should is the keyword here, it does not necessarily mean it will be - the actual advertised speed increase is:

. . . . Up to 8.6x faster! . . . . .

the actual increase you see depends entirely on your hardware, the previous version being compared to, what video formats are actually on the timeline and effects etc applied.

John EB

Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Artan wrote on 1/17/2020, 7:49 AM

Thanking you for your time and excuse the delay, I had some issues and couldn't check the messages.

I solved this. Apparently, it was something inside the program settings. Now there's a huge difference and work smoothly, even without using proxy files or activating "play smooth".

Can't figure out yet, why some options on the route map are not active and requires a payment, but this is another talk. ✌️

browj2 wrote on 1/17/2020, 9:02 AM

@Artan

About your last comment, I presume that you mean Travel Maps that you access through Edit, Wizards, Travel Route Animation.

You get some stuff, icons, avatars for free, but the rest you have to buy. You can buy the entire package that comes with much more stuff for travel. See the advert in the Store for the Ultimate Travel Package.

John CB

John C.B.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Home 1903; 16Gb RAM; i7 CPU 860@2.80Gz; ATI Radeon HD5770 w1GB; SSD 500GB, HD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB; dual monitors - 27" main, 25" secondary; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer; Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 1903