Lightwave 3D

robertNC wrote on 9/8/2020, 9:39 PM

Sorry if this is not an appropriate post but I felt like throwing it out

I just found out that the parent company of the software is probably going to discontinue development. Unless i read wrong, the programmers that work on the render engine have apparently left the company. I wanted to throw this out to Magix as a possible suitor for continuation of the LW since it has a long history in VFX, and it would be a strong addition to magix's lineup, especially if they can retain the developers. JUST SAYING!

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/12/2020, 1:26 PM

Interesting, but I think that competing in this field against Blender which gets better and better each month is a bad idea.

robertNC wrote on 10/14/2020, 8:26 PM

Lightwave isn't Blender and it has its own well-established codebase. I think it would be a great asset if available for cheap, and would bring over a very knowledgeable community that might help the company overall

johnebaker wrote on 10/15/2020, 8:56 AM

@robertNC

Hi

. . . . Lightwave isn't Blender . . . .

That depends on your definition, most of what can be done in Lightwave can do can also be done in Blender - the features are very similar including 3D export.

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2021, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021 and Music Maker 2020.

Running Windows 10 2004 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 3 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 ext backup HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.