Comments

Vincent-Allain wrote on 1/1/2019, 10:02 PM

Can you provide more details? Are you able to log in the store? I had a problem recently with my login, and Music Maker did not detect that I had the Premium version. It was as if I was using the free version. I had to "reset" the store and then it worked again. To reset the store: go to Program Settings, General Optons tab, in the Media Pool section, click on the "Clean up Store..." button.

Not sure if you are having the same/similar problem, but it may be worth a try.

Bluesea wrote on 1/1/2019, 10:44 PM

Doesn't work.

Bluesea wrote on 1/2/2019, 11:52 AM

Okay it works now.

Nealyosis wrote on 2/16/2019, 3:31 PM

trying to buy pack , but my account is block,what should i do or contact.

Vincent-Allain wrote on 2/16/2019, 9:38 PM

trying to buy pack , but my account is block,what should i do or contact.

Did you try the "clean up store" steps, like I posted here previously?

johnebaker wrote on 2/17/2019, 7:53 AM

@Nealyosis

Hi

. . . . but my account is block,what should i do or contact . . .

Is this the same account as the forum or have you used a different email address and/or password to register the software?

If your account had been blocked you would have received an email stating why.

HTH

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ralftaro wrote on 3/6/2019, 5:45 AM

Sorry, this thread is a few weeks old, but just to add a little information that might be helpful to anyone reading this in the future:

First of all, if this is really a problem with your account being blocked, e.g. due to some payment irregularities, the only people that could obviously inform you as to exactly why this has happened and how it can be rectified would be MAGIX customer service. So, please get in touch with them.

That said, I have strong reason to believe this might be a misunderstanding, and this doesn't actually have anything to do with the status of your user account or payments. It would have been helpful to have a more detailed description of exactly what is going wrong and what message you're receiving. Essentially, there is a somewhat misleading error message that you can get from Music Maker's in-app store system that says "user locked". This is a message coming from the back-end software of the in-app store, and refers to Music Maker as the client application connecting as a user to the store back-end. It is known to occur as a compatibility issue between the older version 2017 of Music Maker (generation 24.x) and newer (feature) items in the in-app store that the older version is not compatible with. It doesn't render that version dysfunctional, but does result in this, admittedly confusing, message. The solution would be to take advantage of the free upgrade path to the current version:

http://dl03.magix.net/musicmaker.exe

Just punch in your old version's serial number to unlock the features and instruments associated with that version, and you'll be good to go.

If you were already using a more recent version of the software, you may have still seen this message, but more likely as a temporary problem. We had a situation a few weeks ago, where some items went on sale in the store system (including editions), and where shown to users that already owned them. When they were then accidentally trying to purchase them again, this was effectively prevented, but went hand in hand with the misleading error message - "user locked". Ideally, the user should have never seen those items in the first place. If for you this error message lingered on beyond the duration of that sale, it might be a caching problem with the store data. In this case, use the "Clean up Store" procedure in the program settings, and make sure to log back into your account after Music Maker has restarted.