Magix's Update Notifier - has proven to be buggy!?! - a pain in the -

ceolachan wrote on 12/16/2022, 8:15 PM

Two error windows kept popping up every time I turned this laptop on:

1. ) https : // services2.simlitec.com/autoupdate/api?program-mx_netsync&program_version=3.0.0.63&program_language=... ( x )

( i )  Host services2.simlitec.com not found 

[ OK ] 

- & - 

2. ) QNetworkReply::Network...

( i )  HostNotFoundError 

[ OK ]

It seems I'm not alone with this problem as there are several posts online regarding this, the main useful recommendation is to uninstall Magix's 'Update Notifier', hidden under 'U' for Update rather than 'M' for Magix. I would guess this bit of software is useful, but not if it's buggy, as it has proved to be. Is there an update that's fixed for this bit of Magix hockery pockery? Or is it best just avoided completely?

Comments

Allen-Taylor wrote on 1/2/2023, 4:55 PM

Whis is it that every time I open this DAW Magix hits me up to upgrade this software? I never install update notifier and it still does this everytime. This is such an inferror product yet still I keep trying to find some use for it.

friendflyer wrote on 1/3/2023, 7:13 PM

This is such an inferror product yet still I keep trying to find some use for it

I thought I was alone 👍

Eleyan wrote on 1/3/2023, 8:12 PM

I got the Beta and have regretted it ever since. Even using the piano keyboard automatically brings up other tools or apps within the project. I get freezes. I get the reminders to upgrade to 2023, but when I did, the system told me I already had that software (or higher). It is now saying I have 2021, but with 2 upgrades to 31.03.27. It is being really buggy.

johnebaker wrote on 1/6/2023, 3:01 AM

@Eleyan,

Hi

. . . . Even using the piano keyboard automatically brings up other tools or apps within the project. . . . .

Assuming this is occurring when you are using the computer keyboard to play the notes, this is due to the on screen keyboard not having 'focus'.

Click the keyboard pane to set the focus to it.

. . . . I get freezes . . . .

If you are running on Windows 11, check that the Windows settings, Accessibility, Text cursor is not on - this is known to be turned on for some users and causies freezes with the program.

@Allen-Taylor, @friendflyer

. . . .  I get the reminders to upgrade to 2023 . . . .

Uninstall Magix Cloud Import, also known as Update Notifier, Magix Connect, Network Sync.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/6/2023, 3:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.