This is for all the heavy users and more technically minded or those who have attempted similar.
I finally finished my 'Tanks' at the War and Peace Revival Opening sequence more or less as I wanted it.
My problem was the seeming need to have at least four layers of differing mask layers to complete the task.
The first bit I showed earlier was the easy bit. The hard bit was adding what I wanted to do with the year title.
I ended up doing each bit a bit at a time as the lettering went from foreground into the background title and then rendering various bits as an MP4 files to bring back into the project and add another layer. I ended up creating 27 tracks to achieve this although broken down into sections to work on. I ended up having to alternate between using white and black backgrounds for the various layers and did quite well quality wise up to the last layer where I encountered my earlier 'jaggies' problem. So I had to either add shadowing to help hide the problem or have some bleed-through on the images from the 'TANKS' text in the shadow areas.
For those always worried about losing quality on exporting I will say that what you see within the Tanks text is a fifth generation copy or the original clips and I'm surprise how well it turned out.
So that 2021 text was the real headache trying to think of a way to get it to sit behind the Tanks text in a transition from foreground to background. If anyone can come up with a shorter way around this I would be grateful.
Here is the finished title sequence. Please keep your eye on the transition of the year date and subsequent use which for me was the important bit and where Borris FX could not keep a hold of the key framing so resorted to plain text within MEP.