MEP MX Plus - Screen Recording Quality Setting

Whalebat wrote on 1/16/2012, 2:49 AM

Edit 4-2-2012

Administrator Email has prompted me to rephrase my question.

Unfortunately I can't see any other way to rephrase it.

So it will need to go unaswered, Only the Magix programers know what's going on!

Or do they?

Original Question Below

When executing a screen recording I set the quality to MXV:PAL.

Adjust the recording Frame to the area size of the screen I want to record.

When I stop the screen recording and edit the recorded section and the go back into screen recording

the quality indicates MEP: user Defined.

If I ignore the setting and leave it on MEP: User Defined and start recording, I do not need to readjust the recording frame.

If I reselect MXV:PAL, I then need to readjust the screen recording Frame.

Observation

In previous versions once selected, MXV: PAL remained displayed in the dropdown.

Although now MPEG: User Defined is displayed, the recording behaviour is the same as if MXV:PAL is selected and I do not need to re-size the recording area frame.

Shouldn't MXV:PAL remain displayed in the dropdown box until I change it?

It would also make me wonder what Quality is being used as I would have thought if I am using the same quality there should be no need to resize the Frame.

You need to try a screen recording then edit and then follow with another screen recording all in the same project to understand what I mean.

See Image

What am I overlooking?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/4/2012, 6:34 PM

Hi Whalebat

By resizing the screen area being captured your are creating a user defined recording - this you can see in the images you posted.

MXV: PAL  is 768 * 576 and your recording is 720 * 576.  Hence when your reselect MXV:PAL it reverts to the default 768 * 576.

Why the extra 48 pixels over DVD resolution is a mystery!!!

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/4/2012, 6:35 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2020, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021 and Music Maker 2020.

Running Windows 10 2004 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Whalebat wrote on 2/4/2012, 7:48 PM

Hello John

Ah, ..... I overlooed the fact that I resized the captured area.

I was comparing it with MEP 16 Plus.... and it would just stay at MXV: PAL

Thanks

terrypin wrote on 2/25/2012, 2:11 AM

Hi Whalebat,

Re your PM (which seems to have got zapped somehow now!) I'm sorry I can't help. I don't use MEP's own capture facility, preferring my old but reliable and intuitive CamStudio.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Last changed by terrypin on 2/25/2012, 2:11 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017