MEP19Premium Going Crazy

russelldean wrote on 6/11/2019, 2:01 PM

I am so mad about this. Seems my investment in Magix was a huge mistake on my part. So much is going wrong with this program I don't know where to start. It seems that each project I open and work on, then is not saved despite numerous saves during my work and when finished. The existing Project file will then not open anymore. Some Projects which I have not opened or worked on will also not open. I worked this morning creating two great music videos which I saved the Projects to and Exported as mp4. Then after, the project file will not open and the exported mp4 does not exist. The program is not saving Projects nor rendering Exports and will not even open existing Project files. Hours upon hours of work continue to go on in futility, all for nothing.

The program is constantly crashing as well and it's not my computer. Working along suddenly the program just disappears before my eyes. In the middle of my work, suddenly the MEP is not there. Sometimes it starts right back up on its own. Other times it won't start at all. Other times it crashes, freezes up the entire computer requiring a crash shutdown to get back to running. Other times it suddenly shuts itself down closing the program, sometimes restarting on its own, other times not.

This is the strangest behavior I've ever seen out of any software I've ever used and it has me not only mad as hell but simply flabbergasted with a loss for any reasons or causes. I do not want to recreate to all my video projects from scratch again only to have them unopenable, not saved, or waiting a long time for an export which does not work only to find the exported finished file just is not there. For several days this has gone on yet it did not before I made the purchase of the software. Since then, it only functions as a worthless piece of junk weighing down my computer which does not and will not do what it's supposed to.

The dvd disc which I received from Magix still will not play despite purchasing a new drive. It's not the drive. It plays movies and cds fine and other dvd, just not Magix. I think I received a faulty program and/or disc.

If every bit of this does not have a very simple solution requiring no more of my time wasted and lots of back and forth support tickets each days apart awaiting an answer only to receive a canned cut and paste response from a support team which simply does not care, I will demand an immediate refund or do a charge-back. I keep coming on the forums just for that reason. Support will not respond to many tickets sent in and if they do, it's of no help at all.

Does anyone have any clue what might be causing these program malfunctions? I can't imagine how to solve the support issue.

Comments

CubeAce wrote on 6/11/2019, 2:34 PM

@russelldean

Hi Russell.

You say it's not your computer, but looking at your PC specs, the first thing I would say is you don't have enough ram. Programs tripping over themselves is a typical symptom of a lack of ram. Increasing virtual ram to compensate will make matters worse not better as you just increase the load to the physical ram. The CPU also seems a little on the low side spec wise, but that should just make it slow to respond. If you feel your disc is damaged I would suggest downloading the program off of the Magix servers and using your activation code that came with the disc. I think that should work enough to see if it's the disk or not but I suspect the problems will remain. While you are at it, make sure all your drivers are up to date. If your system is slow then doing things like scrolling forwards along the timeline fast will trip it over and crash the program. The system can't keep up with transfering all that data in such a short period of time.

Asus P8 Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard. Intel i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40Ghz quad core. 16GB ram. Windows 7 Pro 64bit with service pack1 plus all updates. 2 x 320GB SSD drives striped for faster R/W times. WD internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives. Total 8TB. Three external WD drives for backup. NVdia Gforce GT 1030 Graphics clock 1252Mhz Memory data rate 6008Mhz. CUDA cores 384 Memory interface 64bit Memory bandwidth 48.06 GB/s 2GB of dedicated video memory, shared sytem memory 9967MB PCi Express x4 Gen3.

russelldean wrote on 6/11/2019, 3:51 PM

Yes, I've heard all that before so why did it use to work but suddenly doesn't. I didn't get all those nice videos on my youtube channel by accident.

I had to download the program from the website and use my code already just to get it going when the Magix disc would not open. I don't feel like hours of uninstalling followed by hours of reinstalling all the extras and stuff. This relationship all started badly to begin with by Magix sending me personal email invites to buy the program for $59.99. Then when I click the link and land on the site, they want $99.99. The next month is a sale for $69.99 for premium which upon looking, they wanted $129.99. Then I got an email for $69.99 and they tried to make me pay $99.99. Each time I submitted a support ticket asking them "What's the deal?" and they just sent a link of more of the same tactic. I think I'll request my money back and shop elsewhere.

I need a solution, not runarounds. What you say only makes me wonder how they sell anything, especially when commercial computer's power was much lower, like 1 or 2 gig rams on 1.6 processors and such. Hell, the old Windows Movie Maker worked better than this 10 years ago and was way less complicated and made really cool videos. Then HP had a program that would make the whole movie for you awesomely with only a few edits and clicks. Inflammatory/provocative comments removed by Moderator - see Community rules #1

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/11/2019, 5:30 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Reason: Inflammatory/provocative comments - Community rules #1

www.musicalhelp.org

Machine Specs: HP G6, AMD A6 2.2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, 500 Gb HD, AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, Windows 10 version 1803, RealTec Audio, DTS Studio Sound

CubeAce wrote on 6/11/2019, 5:07 PM

Wow.

Thank you for your concise reply and views on the world in general.

I'm out. Good luck.

Asus P8 Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard. Intel i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40Ghz quad core. 16GB ram. Windows 7 Pro 64bit with service pack1 plus all updates. 2 x 320GB SSD drives striped for faster R/W times. WD internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives. Total 8TB. Three external WD drives for backup. NVdia Gforce GT 1030 Graphics clock 1252Mhz Memory data rate 6008Mhz. CUDA cores 384 Memory interface 64bit Memory bandwidth 48.06 GB/s 2GB of dedicated video memory, shared sytem memory 9967MB PCi Express x4 Gen3.

browj2 wrote on 6/11/2019, 5:13 PM

Did you update to the latest patch? 18.0.3.261

russelldean wrote on 6/11/2019, 6:25 PM

Well, the stupid thing won't even save a project, that's simple enough a task that it has to be more than my machine. I don't understand why finished working projects are suddenly unreadable. You know what? I kinda think that MAGIX! PC Check & Tuning did this to it among other aggravations now with my computer since getting that program only a few days ago. I took it out yesterday but the damage is done.

Thanks John for looking out for us. Nobody cares what I think anyway 😄

russelldean wrote on 6/11/2019, 6:30 PM

Today: Notice how the timeline has disappeared.

nah-nah wrote on 6/12/2019, 2:28 AM

I can't exactly remember the issues I was having back with Video Pro X9 (I assume that was based on similar architecture to MEP) but I also tried the PC tuning and check, it didn't help and in the end a fresh install of Windows 7 solved it. I know it's not the answer you want but I haven't had an issue since, I can only assume it was something else I had installed on my PC at some point that corrupted it.

Juliette-Perez wrote on 6/12/2019, 6:50 PM

I am having a lot of issues as well. The program crashes and my videos seem to get hacked and scrambled all the time. I purchased a new computer, more virus protection, a VPN and the PC check and tune up. It finally let me register the product then said that the version expired after about 2 weeks and said I needed to purchase a new one. I finally got it activated then it did the same thing all over again and have had no help for weeks. Waist of money. Now the Edit pro premium said it was broken after the last crash. I finally got help to get it uninstalled through a window fix and reinstalled it but can't get it activated and get no help!

I'm very frustrated because it's taken months of work and every time I have my videos for YouTube perfect, they get scrambled. I haven't even been able to launch my channel (about whistle-blower retaliation) I lock the tracks, highlight the whole project, render it, save it, then upload to YouTube. When I view it on YouTube, something is always messed up. I know sometimes its because of hacking (when a certain pic or name is deleted) but am not sure all the time.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Juliette-Perez wrote on 6/12/2019, 6:52 PM

oh yes, I also started linking everything together hoping that would keep it from getting scrambled but it hasn't worked. Sometimes is moves the screen very quickly without my control scrambling my work.

Juliette-Perez wrote on 6/12/2019, 6:57 PM

when It freezes, I go to task manager and there is (3) or (4) after Magix movie edit premium. Doesn't this mean there are 3 or 4 open?

russelldean wrote on 6/12/2019, 8:52 PM

Juliette-Perez, if you purchased Movie Edit Pro then you should be able to download the program from your Magix website account.

I don't trust PC Check &Tuning anymore. The changes it did to Windows for me were unacceptable. Then there's the issue that it was forced on me to begin with without my consent during the MEP installation. And then it was a trial version. I removed it and said forget this. I wanted the MEP disc for backup for just such occasions but that too was bad upon arrival and would not run.

The program you download from the website will already have the activation numbers and your email address. Just install and run it.

Last changed by russelldean on 6/12/2019, 8:55 PM, changed a total of 5 times.

www.musicalhelp.org

Machine Specs: HP G6, AMD A6 2.2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, 500 Gb HD, AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, Windows 10 version 1803, RealTec Audio, DTS Studio Sound