A new patch 18.104.22.168 was issued today with the following fix:
* Fixed: performance problems when moving objects
Below is the list of problems that I had prepared for the previous patch - 205, I believe. Following patches 207 and 209, I would appreciate it if others could validate the list to see what has been resolved, what not, and if there are any new problems. I have added a few more that were mentioned previously and also added that NB Essentials IV Drop Shadow - OFX causes a crash and restart.
1. Startup screen - Load existing project is always blank and there is nothing in the pop-down. EDIT: There is an issue which occurs once the Recent file list in the videodeluxe.ini file reaches more than 10 entries. It would also be more useful if they were listed in reverse order, i.e. newest to oldest.
2. Templates screen - on my Surface Pro 4, same problem that I raised for VPX - cannot use the vertical scroll that is to the left of the list. Instead, a double-arrow shows up to resize the window.
3. No updated manual, either pdf or chm
4. Resolved: Professional title animations - cannot find anything about this new feature. The advert was changed, so there is really nothing new.
5. Chroma key for everyone - cannot find anything about this new feature
6. External audio editor - right-clicking on the audio part of a video clip does not bring up the possibility of editing it in an external editor. It used to and should.
7. External audio editor - AML and ACL return errors, VSCL returns nothing. Only ME3 and Samplitude Pro X3 work properly.
8. NewBlue Video Essentials III and IV OFX still giving black preview monitor with/without HWA and export either crashes MEP or gives video with no image, only sound, with/without HWA. This affects some computers and not others.
9. MultiCam - audio on Track 2 seems to create transitions when exiting (see French forum).
10. Resolved: proDAD Heroglyph - causes MEP2019 to restart. Works for me in patch 209.
11. Resolved, not a problem - Chapters - seems to be a problem with chapters not starting at the correct location on a burned DVD/BR
12. Rotation - Using the previous version, the Straighten Horizon slider would automatically crop the picture so that the sides were vertical - some changes to the aspect were available using "Section" but the sides always remained vertical. This happens under 2 specific conditions, otherwise no issue:
- The image size is reduced to less than full screen - it does not matter which order the 2 effects are applied.
- The section is bigger than the available area in the rotated image - apply to avoid this - straighten horizon/rotate first then apply section settings - you can then see the limits available in the rotated image.
13. Icon Button under Effects jumps back to top of list (NB non OFX effects): the previous version the icon buttons under Effects always stayed where they were i.e. using a button at the bottom of the scrolling bit and applying the effect, that button was still showing. In the new version after applying the effect at the bottom of the scroller, the button moves to the top again meaning I have to scroll down to the bottom (or wherever) again.
14. Taskbar icon during export: when a video is being exported, the taskbar icon is always solid green. In the previous version it slowly turned green as the encoding progressed.
15. NB Essentials IV Drop Shadow - OFX: causes a crash and restart (in both MEP and VPX).