Comments

SP. wrote on 2/1/2023, 6:49 AM

@Greglord You haven't gotten a downlink link? That's odd.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

If I search this forum for Mxqt.cfg I only find topics like these https://www.magix.info/us/forum/error-when-starting-audio-music-lab-premium--1220115/

Has this something to do with your problem?

johnebaker wrote on 2/1/2023, 8:28 AM

@Greglord

Hi

. . . . Magix engineer has told me to down load dll MxQt.cfg !   . . . .

How did you contact the engineer and receive a reply?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Greglord wrote on 2/2/2023, 4:36 AM

Hi Guys,...I contacted Magix soon after purchase with this problem appearing on my screen.I have tried to resolve this issue of "Open GL 2.00 or higher but my laptop will not allow for an expansion open GL angle any more than it is.

The engineer then told me to try,......."

"Find attached to this e-mail a file name "MxQt.cfg". Saved this to your local machine, and copy it to your main Music Maker installation folder, e.g. using the Windows file browser:"

C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Music Maker\31

I have since checked this site with loads of Dlls,but not the one that I want,.....ie; "MxQt.cfg".

SP. wrote on 2/2/2023, 4:56 AM

@Greglord Never download single DLLs from these suspicious DLL websites in the Internet. They could be malicious.

It reads like the file MxQt.cfg, which is a simple text file and not a DLL, was attached to your e-mail. So look at the e-mail attachments.

Can you list the hardware specifications of your computer? Usually only very old graphics devices from before 2007/2008 may not be able to use OpenGL 2.0. Are your graphics card drivers installed and up to date? Have you tried to install all pending Windows updates and reboot your computer?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 2/2/2023, 11:09 AM

Much more recent graphics devices don't support Open GL2. My old laptop (2017) couldn't. It had Intel HD Graphics 3000 dated 2016 (despite that claiming it supports Open GL2). Magix supplied the same ddl but it didn't help.I had to keep using an older version until I got a laptop with a more recent graphics driver.

SP. wrote on 2/2/2023, 11:35 AM

@johnebaker If I remember correctly drivers of older versions of integrated Intel graphics are not fully supported on modern operating systems.

Greglord wrote on 2/2/2023, 11:39 AM

Hi Guys,...I contacted Magix soon after purchase with this problem appearing on my screen.I have tried to resolve this issue of "Open GL 2.00 or higher but my laptop will not allow for an expansion open GL angle any more than it is.

The engineer then told me to try,......."

"Find attached to this e-mail a file name "MxQt.cfg". Saved this to your local machine, and copy it to your main Music Maker installation folder, e.g. using the Windows file browser:"

C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Music Maker\31

I have since checked this site with loads of Dlls,but not the one that I want,.....ie; "MxQt.cfg".

SP,......There was nothing attatched to the Email.I will take another look,but tend to agree with Graham blow that on older laptops cannot support GL 2.00 or higher.

SP. wrote on 2/2/2023, 12:02 PM

@Greglord Try the following:

Go into the Music Maker program directory and create a new text file with the name MxQt.cfg. Make sure you change the file ending to cfg so the file is not accidentally called MxQt.cfg.txt. You can enable to hide or show file endings in the Windows Explorer settings. You cannot see the txt-ending if its hidden.

Open the file with the standard Notepad and enter the following text

[QtOpenGlEngine]
QT_OPENGL=angle

Save and close the file. Then try to run Music Maker again.

Greglord wrote on 2/3/2023, 3:49 AM

Thanks i will try this solution when i get five minutes.cheers

jamesglynn wrote on 3/11/2023, 12:21 AM

ok so i've used magix audio software for years and using sound forge audio studio 16 i get a notice that an update is available but after i click on update now i get an error message about not being able to create an open GL something or other but why isn't that file included in the software package if it is needed. i just don't get it

SP. wrote on 3/11/2023, 12:23 AM

@jamesglynn What's your hardware?