Comments

SP. wrote on 12/4/2023, 7:45 AM

@Andeje Additional content can usually be installed via the Help menu.

Andeje wrote on 12/4/2023, 1:31 PM

Thank you for answer. Yes, I clicked through the entire menu, there is no option anywhere that the program offers me additional download of files like loops. I'm not a beginner but this surprised me. I'm behind on the project because of this and I don't know where to look for help.

emmrecs wrote on 12/4/2023, 1:39 PM

@Andeje

When you reinstalled the program did you also activate it via your Magix account? I ask because a reinstallation will almost certainly be seen by the Magix servers as a "new" installation. Without such registration/activation it is highly likely the program will not include all the features you had previously, including those sound banks.

Also, most Magix programs can have a maximum of two activations registered to the user's account so if you already have two listed you cannot activate this new one without first deactivating any you no longer need. You can do this via your account (link above) and the My products section of that account.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 12/4/2023, 1:40 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Andeje wrote on 12/4/2023, 2:21 PM

Hi Jeff, yes I downloaded the program from my Magix account yesterday and have never used it anywhere other than this laptop. Yes, I noticed what is written there, it is quite foolproof and therefore I meet - I think - all the prerequisites for the same user interface as before the reinstallation. What can I do to have ACID Music Studio 10.0. available again? Thank you.

emmrecs wrote on 12/5/2023, 4:11 AM

@Andeje

Each time you install or reinstall the software, even if it is to the same computer as it was previously registered to, the registration server sees that as a "change" and hence, uses another activation slot. So, in your account, how many activations are listed?

As a test, I would suggest you deactivate ALL the registered activations and then reactivate your current computer's activation.

Does that help?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Andeje wrote on 12/5/2023, 5:28 AM

Hi Jeff, yes I know about the "deactivation". I have to write more, we are running around like rats here. I own ACID Music Studio 10.0. and ACID Pro 8. Of course, I want to install both programs back on my computer. ACID Music Studio 10.0. I managed to install already yesterday, but unfortunately without the sound bank. On the Magix website under my profile = MY PRODUCTS = I see "MORE DETAILS" for each of the products and there is the "deactivation" option that you write about. BUT. This option "MORE DETAILS" was only under the product for ACID Pro 8. I disabled it and also had to uninstall all "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (x64)" items from my computer in order for ACID PRO 8 to install, it was a problem because of that. So ACID Pro 8 finally installed but NO SOUND BANK AGAIN. So I have now both programs, ACID Music Studio 10.0. and ACID Pro 8, but without loops. So I did what you wrote, I deactivated the activation before installing ACID Pro 8. For ACID Music Studio 10.0. this is simply not an option. I still don't have a soundbank for either program. Where's the damn problem? Pleas... why are you torturing me. I'm an artist, not IT.

Andeje wrote on 12/5/2023, 5:38 AM

And one more thing - maybe the problem is here, I'm reinstalling ACID Music Studio 10.0. and what step should I take here? Because as you can see in the screenshot, Loops continues to install and yet it asks me to "MODIFY"

or "REMOVE", it confuses me.I typed "MODIFY" and it shows that MUSIC MAKER is being installed, what does this have to do with ACID Music Studio 10.0.? And as you can see in the screenshot, UPDATE NOTIFIER and MUSIC MAKER (which I have, however, the trial version) have an exclamation mark and at the end of the installation I have only one option - CANCEL.

Andeje wrote on 12/5/2023, 5:51 AM

As you can see, it shows me that LOOPS have been installed. 1.73 GB even...but i don't have it...

SP. wrote on 12/5/2023, 6:22 AM

@Andeje Please check the directory C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Loop Collections for Acid loops.

Andeje wrote on 12/5/2023, 6:34 AM

There are loops only as the part of Music Maker, the trial version I have installed.

emmrecs wrote on 12/5/2023, 8:09 AM

@Andeje

With apologies but I have removed the images of your account details from an earlier post you made because you revealed there your serial key. To do this is to risk your software and account being hijacked and rendered unusable, so please never post here any confidential and personal data of that type because these are public, user to user forums!

I honestly have no further idea of what the problem of the missing loops could be caused by. I think this has now become something that you need to raise a Support ticket for. To do this, use the Support header to be found in the header of any forum page, choose "Audio" on the first page and then "Acid Pro". Scroll down to the bottom of the page that then opens and click on Contact Support.

Jeff

Andeje wrote on 12/5/2023, 8:23 AM

OK Jeff, sorry ant thx for the key, I was distracted I am looking for some solution for a long time. So you are recommanding try all this sh.t again with some other guy, right? Look, I see it maybe much simply, but - I buy the software for create the music. The software has no tools for the creating, what´s the point of all of this? I send you screenshots for proofing I am not an idiot, instalation is weery simply and then you can see, that´s not a fail on my side. I know it´s not your fail too, but in general - how are you sleeping? Thx for nothing...

SP. wrote on 12/5/2023, 9:38 AM

@Andeje Look, we are users like you and do this in our free time. We aren't support and have no idea why you can't find the loops. Maybe it's simple and the included loops are the Music Maker loops. Have you thought about that? The free Music Maker version only comes with one loop package called "Feel Good", but you have access to six additional packs. Did you buy these at a later date?

emmrecs wrote on 12/5/2023, 10:47 AM

@Andeje

As @SP. writes, your sarcastic words are NOT appreciated here. Everyone who posts is just another user, we are not Magix Support nor even Magix staff.

If you wish to continue to be allowed to post please ensure you moderate the tone of your posts. Failure to do so will result in you being banned.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Andeje wrote on 12/5/2023, 11:16 AM

Jeff, you take it too personally. I know very well how to work in the customer service. Banning me just because I express (sarcastically, not explicitly) my position - a JUSTIFIED POSITION, would be stupid and unprofessional. You are writing to me about the sound bank in MUSIC MAKER. Dear Jeff, Until the day before yesterday I was three years legitimately using the full versions of both ACIDs. Would you like it if they took your steak and then convinced you that popcorn is good too? Music Maker Trial Version is for kids, man. I am 43 and I am doing instrumental and electronic music half of my life. I know you tried, but the result is not. Look, you're right... I'm aware that the last line "thanks for nothing" wasn't exactly kosher. Sorry, I overdid it. And I wrote to you that I know it's not your fault. Be good Jeff, thanks for your time.

emmrecs wrote on 12/5/2023, 11:27 AM

@Andeje

Just for the record: I do NOT take it personally.

As a forum moderator I am charged by Magix with ensuring that ALL posts are "friendly". Hence, your earlier language was unacceptable. (Please see the Community rules link to be found in the footer of every forum page. When you joined this forum you agreed to follow those rules.)

Also, just for the record: I am 72 and have been involved in music as a profession all my working life. Personally, I do not regard Music Maker as being for kids but I fully accept and respect that that is your opinion.

Jeff