1) Editing video in Vegas Pro 17 (e.g. 19 & 20 broken for me)
2) Wish to modify audio track of video
3) specified Sound Forge as Vegas Pro audio editor 13
4) Selected track and picked open in Sound Forge XP
5) Sound Forge Opened and I was able to manipulate audio track
6) closed Sound Forge and was asked if I wanted to save back to .MP4.
7) I answered yes, and got the message:
QUESTION: HOW DO I FIX THIS?
Follow-up 1/18/2023:: I updated to the current Sound Forge audio editor 13 to version 16. The solution by rraud worked for version 16. I did not bother to check to see if it worked for version 13 since the problem was solved and the older version is not as important.
rraud said: "btw @John-Sellers, duplicate topics are not needed and are usually removed by the powers that be anyway. In any case, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community".
I said: Duly Noted - I found the categories in the posting process confusing as it seemed to indicate I had to choose between "audio" or "video" audiences when actually this problem crosses those boundaries... so I posted the same message in both contexts.