Movie Edit Pro Premium, not utilizing all pc resources.

Jessi-Vi wrote on 2/1/2020, 10:18 AM

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is a way of making Movie Edit Pro Premium  use more resources of my pc as from what it is using now? it uses only up to like 35% cpu and I would love it to use much more, at least double. I would like to be able to export videos a lot quicker than it exports now and keeping same video quality. Just to let you know as well that version that I have is 2016.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

CubeAce wrote on 2/1/2020, 12:46 PM

@Jessi-Vi

What can anyone suggest if we don't know the specification of the system you are running or which operating system? All I can assume so far is you are on either Win7 or 8.1. and that I may even be wrong with that assumption. I am running an i9 Intel processor and MEP is not using any more of my CPU than is reported on your system and yet when I ran an i5 processor it used much more but the export was much slower.

Specifications please.

Ray.

Windows 10 Enterprise. version 1909.OS Build 18363.720. Latest Bios update as well as latest hardware updates for Western digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with 32GB of 2133MHz Corsair DDR4 ram. 1000 watt EVGA modular power supply. 2 x 320GB SSD drives striped for faster R/W times are my C: drive. 1 320gig Toshiba M2.1 drive. + x2 WD BLACK 2TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives. Total 4TB. Three external WD drives for backup. NVIDIA G Force GT 1030 Graphics clock 1252Mhz Memory data rate 6008Mhz. 384 CUDA cores. Memory interface 64bit Memory bandwidth 48.06 GB/s 2GB of dedicated video memory, shared system memory 9967MB PCi Express x4 Gen3. Running MEP Premium 19.0.2.58

Jessi-Vi wrote on 2/1/2020, 4:54 PM

Y I do not think that should not matter as much since all I was wondering was how to make magix pretty much to consume more of my pc resources. I kinda know its unrealistic and long shot so decided ask anyway, you never know.

Either way here are my specs,

Well processor I have is i7-7700k, overclocked at 5ghz (auto), Running Windows 10, on M2 cards

Two 1080Ti Sli.

From what I gather best I could do to improve from hardware side is perhaps swapping to Core i9-7900X.

From what I gather best for rendering is if you have more cores/threads since i9 has like twice more threads it works a lot better than i5.

Anything else you would like to know?

CubeAce wrote on 2/1/2020, 7:28 PM

@Jessi-Vi

Your PC spec seems fairly decent and would expect an upgrade of MEP to the latest version would speed things up more cheaply than upgrading the processor. Overclocking doesn't do much to speed up exports either in my experience but then I'm not that a proficient over-clocker. I've no idea how Magix has tuned MEP to work on various machines but it would seem from the difference I noticed from previously running an i5 processor that the lower the spec of the machine, the more resources it uses. My i5 setup was using resources like no tomorrow to the point I had to upgrade the processors heat sink but export times were still on the slow side. Installing the new version of MEP though did make a significant difference at the time. Not all cores will max out at the same time regardless of how many you have. Some members here are getting similar export times to myself using i7 processors. Compared to what the Intel GPU is doing the CPU itself rarely gets above the amount of processing you are experiencing.

Do make sure that in Windows ten you have set the Intel GPU as shown in the image below to get best performance in MEP on your current setup.

It may seem counter intuitive but will allow you set up usage of both the Intel GPU and your graphic cards GPU. That may improve things if you haven't already done it and the graphics cards are powerful enough. (mine isn't).

Ray.

Windows 10 Enterprise. version 1909.OS Build 18363.720. Latest Bios update as well as latest hardware updates for Western digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with 32GB of 2133MHz Corsair DDR4 ram. 1000 watt EVGA modular power supply. 2 x 320GB SSD drives striped for faster R/W times are my C: drive. 1 320gig Toshiba M2.1 drive. + x2 WD BLACK 2TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives. Total 4TB. Three external WD drives for backup. NVIDIA G Force GT 1030 Graphics clock 1252Mhz Memory data rate 6008Mhz. 384 CUDA cores. Memory interface 64bit Memory bandwidth 48.06 GB/s 2GB of dedicated video memory, shared system memory 9967MB PCi Express x4 Gen3. Running MEP Premium 19.0.2.58

Jessi-Vi wrote on 2/1/2020, 11:09 PM

I have set auto overclocking just for gaming, for rendering u need more threads then the amount of ghz, I was thinking as well regarding upgrade how it talked about new engine it uses but that speeds up editing part not rendering/export part at least its what people explain in various review videos. yesterday what i did notice helped me with export is allowing to created proxy files, it takes little while to do so but export is a lot quicker. Thank you for your advice.