Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/2/2021, 8:59 AM

@Andrew-Davis

I presume this post implies that the problem of the serial number in your other post is now resolved. Is that correct? If so, please go back and mark one of the posts as the "Answer" so the thread will be marked as Resolved.

The initial installation of MM always installs the "core" (Free) varinat. You "upgrade" your installation by entering the Activation Key from your purchase confirmation email on the Activation/Registration screen (it's one of the tabs in the initial Splash screen) in the app. Once you have done this, and received the in-app confirmation that the app is registered, there will be quite a lot of additional content to download and install.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Andrew-Davis wrote on 4/2/2021, 9:06 AM

Yes the download is complete , then I did upgrade after working out it was a free version which is not clear

And yes there is a great deal of additional content downloading , but when I have closed the App down and re-opened it , there additional content is not available ,

emmrecs wrote on 4/2/2021, 9:24 AM

@Andrew-Davis

Can you explain a little more about what you mean when you write:

when I have closed the App down and re-opened it , there additional content is not available ,

Have you actually downloaded and installed all that additional content? Did you close the app before the downloads and installs had finished? Is there anything showing under the Downloads tab, top right of the workscreen?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Andrew-Davis wrote on 4/2/2021, 9:32 AM

I have uninstalled the whole package and started again , no I didn't close the app before all the additional content was downloaded ,

There is nothing in the downloads tab , how do I now reload all the content ?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 4/2/2021, 10:04 AM

Make sure you are logged into the shop.

emmrecs wrote on 4/2/2021, 10:18 AM

@Andrew-Davis

Simply allow the installation to fully complete. You will need to activate/register again, I think. In which case, your Magix account will show the app as being activated twice. Via that account link you should deactivate the first installation since it is no longer needed.

However, and this is a problem which has affected a number of us at various times: because the Installer Log does not know about files and registry entries which are created after the initial install (e.g on first, or subsequent runs) it does not know to remove them when the app is uninstalled. As a result, sometimes the problem that led to the need for the uninstall is not resolved because of those remaining files etc.. They are "still there" after the reinstall!

Hopefully, this will not happen to you, but if it does, please post back and we will advise on how to totally uninstall the app before attempting the reinstall.

HTH

Jeff