No access to any widgets or themes, etc?

TwoCats wrote on 8/2/2019, 8:36 AM

Hello,

I purchased Xara Web Designer Premium some time back, version 15 to be exact. I didn't use it at all in a while since I wasn't doing anything web related.

Lately, though, I'm working on a new website, don't want to use a CMS option and remembered purchasing Xara.

So, I installed it and have hit a wall that seems a bit odd...

I'm unable to load anything for the Design Gallery. It tells me my membership has expired and so I don't have access to the Design Gallery without upgrading. I'm trying to follow tutorials, and can't, because they all require access to things I don't have.

So, am I wrong, or can I not use any of the site widgets, like custom search bar, etc... without paying more money? Are those features not a core part of the program?

If I'm wrong, and someone can point out to me how to access those widgets, etc, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If I'm right, and I have to pay more money, that's pretty messed up and I'll just move on to a different website editor. I'm not going to continuously pay for access to "features" that come stock with other programs.

Thanks for the help either way.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/2/2019, 11:10 AM

@TwoCats

Hi

. . . . I'm unable to load anything for the Design Gallery. It tells me my membership has expired and so I don't have access to the Design Gallery without upgrading. . . . .

Xara Web Designer like a lot of other software is subscription based and in order to be able to use the up to date galleries and features of the program you have to have a current subscription, previous websites created when your subscription was valid should still have access to the template(s) used.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.