No Signal through Visualization

Phil-Thompson wrote on 4/24/2024, 9:10 AM

Hello -

I recently figured out how to access my Realtek ASIO driver, however now there is nothing shown in Visualization when I play a file/track. Whatever i did to fix the driver somehow routed the things awy from the Visualization.

WIndows 11 Pro

64 GB ram

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700   2.10 GHz

64 Bit

Thank you for you help.

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:23 AM

@Phil-Thompson The visualizers usually work again after a computer restart. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

Phil-Thompson wrote on 5/17/2024, 12:56 PM

Hi - thank you for the response! I have been away, in fact, and just today cranked up the PC for the first time since April. Unfortunately, the issue has not gone away :(

One thing I neglected to mention in my earlier post is the samplerate difference. On my last PC I was using samplitude at the 44100 HZ samplerate. But on my new(er) PC, I was having difficulties accessing the sound driver, and found a solution in switching to the 48000 HZ samplerate. So I'm up and running with VIP files, importing everything as 48000 HZ and getting a quality sound during playback. However, the Visualization is completely blank throughout.

Any ideas how to readjust the program's visualization to align with the samplerate?

Thank you in advance.

SP. wrote on 5/17/2024, 1:39 PM

@Phil-Thompson You probably didn't restart the computer? Turning it off and back on again isn't a restart.

There are different options, one is called Shut down and one is called Restart. You need to select the second option.

ProAudioTeam wrote on 5/22/2024, 3:18 AM

Are you using the internal sound card or an external interface? Which driver do you currently have set? Does it work with another driver such as WDM, Magix Low Latency ior ASIO4ALL?

With kind regards

Your MAGIX Pro Audio Team

Phil-Thompson wrote on 5/30/2024, 9:27 AM

SP - Thank you for the response. Yes, I have restarted it a number of times since the problem started. It's basically all I ever do (as opposed to turning it off and back on again - cannot recall the last time I actually did that).

ProAudioTeam - thank you for the response. I am using the sound card(s) that came with the computer, and I pluralize that because System Info (win11 pro) tells me I have the following 'Sound Devices' --

• NVIDIA HD Audio, driver NVHDA64V.SYS (1.3.40.14) 
  • Realtek Audio, driver RTKVHD64.SYS (6.0.9601.1)
  • NVIDIA Virtual (WDM), driver NVVAD64V.SYS (4.49.0.0)

-- (shown in that order) and I'm not sure if only one of these entries is an actual device and the other two virtual, or what. I do know I can toggle through two of the drivers with Y/Audio Setup (WDM and the one I'm using, Realtek), and I also recall prioritizing two features when I shopped around for the computer last year: storage space and sound processing ability. Not the most computer savvy guy, I had a friend help choose the PC. So it may have come with more than one.

As per the WDM/Magix Low Latency, etc. question-- it is while running the Realtek ASIO driver that I get no visuals. On MME and WDM I get the visuals but the sound isn't the quality I get with Realtek. I don't see ASIO, which I remember having as an option on my previous PC. With the Magix Low Latency option I get the visuals but no sound.

One last note - this morning the program ran the 19.1.4.23433 (DPS) update, which I really hoped would fix the issue (since the update was basically an install over the previous version), but the issue is still there.

Again - thank you to you both. I appreciate all the advice!

SP. wrote on 5/30/2024, 9:37 AM

@Phil-Thompson After selecting Magix Low Latency open its driver control panel and select your audio input and output and set the buffer size to a reasonable value, for example 512 samples. Magix Low Latency ist an older version of ASIO4ALL which might have problems with newer Realtek devices. If I remember it correctly, you need to enable Pull Mode in the driver settings. I would recommend you install the newest version of ASIO4ALL.