Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/23/2023, 8:02 AM

@Frode-Lindland

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Which Magix product are you trying to buy, and from where? And whereabouts in the world are you?

If you are wanting to buy via the magix.com website your card issuing bank has to offer 2-Factor Secure Authentication. This post gives full details.

Is your Mastercard a Credit Card or a Debit Card? It is possible that the latter type is not accepted.

OTOH, it could simply be the situation that there is a temporary problem with either the Magix payment server or your card issuer's server. How many times have you tried to complete your purchase? You could always try again later, as the error message suggests.

If, after trying again later, e.g., tomorrow, you still experience problems, email infoservice@magix.net and ask for their help in resolving the problem.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 11/8/2023, 2:38 PM

@Frode-Lindland

Thank you for asking this question.

I want to join the same club you are in.

@emmrecs

Thank you for responding.

I will check out the 2-Factor-Authentication thing you linked in your message.

I never heard a word or saw a text or nothing.

The current upgrade is the best thing I've seen in years.

I hope the computer back room folks can get these things worked out so that I can get my money into Magix's bank account.

(If "Magix's" is bad syntax, then correct it in your mind)

emmrecs wrote on 11/9/2023, 9:55 AM

@CLINT-DANBURY

I hope the computer back room folks can get these things worked out so that I can get my money into Magix's bank account.

Unfortunately, there is nothing these computer back room folks can do about this! Magix is based in Germany, part of the EU, and it is EU law that all companies MUST enable this 2-factor authentication for any online purchase.

The problem with this arises when the purchaser's own bank does NOT use or allow such authentication to occur; then the prospective purchase is blocked and no one can unblock it, except the bank which fails to respond "correctly" to the authentication process request. A real Catch-22!!

Perhaps you could contact your bank and explain that they need to accept and use this authentication process since they are the only ones who can resolve this problem?

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 11/9/2023, 11:46 AM

@emmrecs

Does PayPal work ?

I used to have an account. I'll see if I can access it.

But the question remains: Can I use PayPal

PATIENT-X wrote on 11/9/2023, 12:00 PM

@CLINT-DANBURY

Hello welcome

See the discussed post here on PayPal.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 11/9/2023, 12:04 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 11/9/2023, 12:11 PM

@PATIENT-X

Thank you. Just tried to use PayPal. My best guess: I will have to wait seven days.

This is a guess, because, PayPal does not have any real live living speaking humans who will speak to a money-paying customer.

I am up too late and it is past my bedtime over here, So I suppose I will continue with this mystery in a week from today.

I'll try to check in next week and see if I can buy the stuff.

Tell your financial folks to consider opening some sort of an account with Western Union.

Banks aren't working and neither is PayPal

Great Software; great deal; I really want to buy that package at that price. Hope we can figure out something.

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 11/9/2023, 12:19 PM

@PATIENT-X

Are you guys a member of the Automated Clearing House ?

This is frequently known by its abbreviation: The ACH

PATIENT-X wrote on 11/9/2023, 12:22 PM

@CLINT-DANBURY

Hi

This is a public user to user forum with no Magix employees.

You could contact Magix at infoservice@magix.net for further information or queries on payment methods.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 11/9/2023, 12:23 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

emmrecs wrote on 11/9/2023, 12:23 PM

@CLINT-DANBURY

Both @PATIENT-X (Stephen) and I are simply fellow-users; we, like all the forum moderators, are not Magix employees so we honestly cannot answer your question about ACH.

Jeff

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 11/10/2023, 6:40 AM

@PATIENT-X

Oh, so now I understand

Thanks

Between the bank and PayPal, I am receiving an estimate of six days for the transfer time to occur.

That's my best guess. PayPal has no actual living humans who will have a spoken voice conversation with a money paying customer.

I see a profitable opportunity for the person who...

• Has the knack for this
  • and
  • Possesses the connections, the capital, and the needed technical knowledge

The service...

• Accepts credit cards in the USA
  • Transfers to money to Magix

So anyway, my thanks to every human who contributed to this conversation. Perhaps we will know by Next Thursday whether of not I will be able to buy this thing. It really is a good price.

See you back next week

CLINT-DANBURY wrote on 11/16/2023, 12:29 PM

Hey Mods, delete any previous message of mine; with my full approval.

As best I can tell, I am now an owner of Movie Studio 2024 Platinum

emmrecs wrote on 11/17/2023, 3:10 AM

@CLINT-DANBURY

Speaking entirely for myself (my fellow-moderators may disagree) but I think this thread should be left in its entirety so that other users, who may encounter this problem, can learn something about how to resolve it.

Jeff
Forum Moderator