Comments

rraud wrote on 5/8/2020, 10:57 PM

Hi @Roger-Robles and welcome to the Sound Forge forum discussion group

I am not sure what the limitations are for the trial version of SF Pro 14. I have not used graphic dynamics in Pro 14 but other SF effects and dynamics plug-ins operate ok. I have read of a few instances of problems with Waves plugs-ins. though the ones I have are trouble free.

Roger-Robles wrote on 9/22/2020, 3:03 PM

I have Sound Forge Pro 14 on Windows 10 (x64) and half of the tools have suddenly become inactive (grayed out). I reinstalled the software this morning and that hasn't changed anything. Half of the tools won't work. If I go to preferences -- toolbars -- customize -- current tools -- click on a tool -- and the tools become colored when I click OK -- but when I click on the OK in the preferences window, they gray-out once again. I am unable to keep the colored image of the tools when I leave "preferences". It won't allow me to "apply". Can anyone help me with this? ....thank you in advance.

rraud wrote on 9/22/2020, 5:14 PM

Is this still the 'trial' version? Aside from the channel converter bug, there have not been reports of mall functioning items in the 'Tools' menu, if that is what you mean.
Which build and do you have and specifically which "tools"?
The developers are aware of the channel converter bug in the latest build (111), which allegedly will be fixed in the next update, along with bringing back the missing 'textured background', The ''Remote record" floating window, which was removed way-back-when by SCS will be back as well.

Roger-Robles wrote on 9/22/2020, 7:05 PM

My Sound Forge Pro 14 is a full paid version purchased on May 14, 2020. At one point, all of the tools seemed to working, but then stopped. The one tool that is important to me is the pencil tool that is now grayed-out. There may be many many other tools that are not functioning -- I don't know. But I do see other tools in the menu bar that are also grayed out -- like crossfade loop, copy, paste, mix, play clipboard, trim/crop, repeat, and envelope tool. I have no way of knowing which build I own -- where do I look? I want to bring in other tools to the menu bar, so this is a real inconvenience. The program is functioning only with the basic recording features. Can this be repaired now? It is holding up my work. Thank you.

rraud wrote on 9/23/2020, 10:08 AM

The build number is in the "Help> About Sound Forge Pro" menu
Some functions can only be used when certain conditions are met, For instance, the 'Pencil' tool can only is enabled when the timeline's resolution is 1:32 or better, 'Paste' and 'Mix', must have data copied to the clipboard prior to availability. Timeline data must be selected prior to 'Trim' being available, and so on.

Below is a screenshot of my edit menu with no selections or data copied to the clipboard..

Roger-Robles wrote on 9/23/2020, 11:27 AM

The Sound Forge version I have is 14.0 (Build 111) 64 bit. Please tell me how to activate the "pencil" tool. I don't understand what you are saying: [ For instance, the 'Pencil' tool can only is enabled when the timeline's resolution is 1:32 or better ] Please explain this in simple English. What is "Timeline Resolution"? Do you mean the amount of WAV that is selected? I have tried everything to make the pencil tool operate -- and nothing works. Please call me to explain. ...Roger Robles ....tel: (xxx) xxx-xxxx Thank you!

Poinzy wrote on 9/23/2020, 11:51 AM

Don't post your phone number or any other personal info.

Remastering rig: Technics SL-1210GR tt, various carts, various phono pres, Behringer UMC404HD, Intel CPU, Windows 10, Reaper and Magix AS14. Waves, Voxengo, Nugen, and Izotope plugs. I can only propose solutions. I can't make you like them. You're also free to ignore me completely.

Roger-Robles wrote on 9/23/2020, 12:00 PM

Dear Fats Waller: ....yes, there wouldn't be a need to post my phone number if you guys were able to communicate a solution to my problem!

rraud wrote on 9/23/2020, 1:08 PM

This is a users forum, and the forum moderators are not Magix employees,

If you were more familiar with audio software, you would understand the terminology. If you would like to talk to someone, you can purchase a phone call voucher from Magix, On-line tech support is free if you think an actual Magix employee can explain things to you liking.

Regards,
Rick, forum moderator.

PS- I deleted your private info (phone #) in your above comment

Roger-Robles wrote on 9/23/2020, 1:19 PM

.....my apologies! I thought you were a Magix rep. I just spent $200 for an upgrade that is non-functioning. I've owned Sound Forge for 15 years and never had a problem like this. I have a friend who has an old version of SF and his pencil tool works just fine. All I want to know is how do I activate the "pencil" tool? Can you just tell me how to turn it on? Thank you!

rraud wrote on 9/24/2020, 10:43 AM

Pencil tool:.
- Place the cursor in the area of the timeline where you wish to redraw the waveform..
- Click the Pencil tool icon
- Repeatably click the UP key on your keyboard to get to the desired 'Zoom ratio' resolution.
- At the zoom ratio resolution of '1:32' (and beyond), the Pencil tool illuminates which indicates 'Available'
-
Click the Pencil tool icon again, and move the cursor to the timeline. The icon should change from the normal edit I line into a pencil
- Redraw
the waveform (click and drag) and preview (play)
- When satisfied, return to the normal edit mode and Zoom ratio.

Roger-Robles wrote on 9/24/2020, 1:30 PM

....hey Rick, thank you so much for the detailed instructions on how to operate the pencil tool. Very appreciated! Your directions are far more useful than what is in the owner's manual. I will give it a try this afternoon. Thanks again! ....Roger