Not happy with Magix

Comments

Andrew-Constant wrote on 12/11/2019, 2:40 PM

@Andrew-Constant

Hi

I have just seen your comment in another section of the forum and @emmrecs response.

Despite my findings above, with how the display works and @browj2 previous comments, the fact that you had already tested the program using the trial version put the onus was on you to determine whether it meets you requirements or not.

As the decision was made to purchase, the program must have met your requirements.

John EB

Forum Moderator

The days of caveat emptor are long gone. It's a vile and horrible comany that just grabs the money and doesn't care. Don't have to justify my actions to you.

browj2 wrote on 12/11/2019, 3:02 PM

@Andrew-Constant

How did you ask for the refund?

https://www.magix.com/gb/terms-and-conditions/

@johnebaker

It seems that there are some differences between P&G Designer and Designer Pro X.

I cannot replicate your first instance. When I import a transparent png file, it remains transparent. This may be a bug and I will check with the TG forum. Which version of P&GD are you using?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Andrew-Constant wrote on 12/11/2019, 3:21 PM

I just raised a support ticket. The thing is, it shouldn't matter, in the UK we are protected by the E-Commerce Regulations, that give you 7 days to ask for a refund.

Whichever way you look at it, Magix have my money and I have something I won't use. If nothing else, it is just common decency to say 'sorry you it didn't suit you, here's a refund' It's what any civilised company would do.

I purchased a broadband SIM last week. Couldn't get a good reception, I asked for a partial refund (having used 1Gb testing it), I was offered a full refund, no quibbling. That's how business is done between civilised people.

The ins and outs of the program are irrelevant. It doesn't suit me, that should be enough for any decent company to offer a refund. Magix plainly don't give a fig about anything but getting rich.

johnebaker wrote on 12/11/2019, 5:03 PM

@Andrew-Constant

. . . . in the UK we are protected by the E-Commerce Regulations . . . .

The E-Commerce Regulations do not cover consumer rights.

. . . . I purchased a broadband SIM last week. . . . .

That is irrelevant to this topic. You bought a physical object which is covered by different regulations.

I would advise you to check your facts - the UK Government website has a lot of information regarding the Distance selling regulations and clearly states the additional rules that relate to downloaded software and cancellation.

This topic will be closed.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.