Ok, some items are allowing a second registration

Russell-Cashin wrote on 12/3/2022, 11:17 AM

So I could not get Soundforge to register on my second computer, nor will Surrealistic MG-1 Plus. I ordered a second license for Music Maker, but now am not sure if this was a good idea. I finally did get Soundforge to register, but MG-1 Plus will not even with the second license. I am also disappointed that while I now own two licenses for Music Maker no other free sounds or anything else. Was this a mistake?

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/3/2022, 11:45 AM

@Russell-Cashin You can activate Sound Forge on two separate computers (by using the same customer account). Not sure why you bought a second license. I would suggest you contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net and request a refund. On the other hand, if you need to use two different customer accounts, then it was the correct idea to get two licenses.

Russell-Cashin wrote on 12/3/2022, 12:03 PM

Well that's what I thought, but Soundforge wouldn't register and it gave an error or suggested I buy a license. As for Surrealistic MG-1 Plus, it says I have already registered the product and so it won't let me install. I only have one account and two computers so I guess there is no need for the additional license.

Russ

SP. wrote on 12/3/2022, 12:28 PM

@Russell-Cashin It would be helpful if you can show us the exact error message.

It depends on Cherry Audio on how many computers you can use MG-1 Plus with your license. I don't know the details because I don't use Cherry Audio plugins.

Russell-Cashin wrote on 12/3/2022, 2:02 PM

Ok, been playing around with it and finally got the Cherry Audio plugin to install. I have requested a refund as I can use the money to get a few more soundpools.

Russell-Cashin wrote on 12/5/2022, 5:06 PM

Ok, so I have not heard back from infoservice@magix.net. I see a support ticket was created, but no action since then. What do I need to do to get a refund on the unneeded second license?

SP. wrote on 12/5/2022, 11:29 PM

@Russell-Cashin Just reply to the e-mail you've got from support and ask them for an update. Leave the ticket number in the e-mail subject so that your e-mail reaches the correct ticket.

Magix support doesn't work on Saturday and Sunday, so Monday was theoretically the first day they could work on your ticket. But it can take some days because it seems support is currently understaffed.

So just make sure to ask for an update regularly.