Open mp3 files with errors.

PAULO-MACHADO wrote on 6/25/2020, 8:29 AM

Have bought a SF Pro 11 and 12 from Magix GmbH.

When opening a mp3 file, already saved by the sound forge pro 11, it's perfect!

When opening a wave file, it's perfect.

But when opening a external mp3 file, all times miss some seconds in the end of the file! I can't solve the bug. Can't find a way to recover the missing sound.

When I paste with another file, always have a gap.

Sound Forge Pro 11, last version. Windows 7, phenom processor 64 bits, 24 GB ddr4 memory. Have download the program again yesterday and the bug is there.

Need help!

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/25/2020, 10:13 AM

Do all mp3 files exhibit this behavior? Does the file playback normally in other MP3 players. . Can you post the file on Dropbox, GoogleDrive or another file sharing site?

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge forum @PAULO-MACHADO .

PAULO-MACHADO wrote on 6/25/2020, 1:02 PM

All mp3 old files are played with no problem in pen drives, video players, computers and with bluetooth.

Only when I open the files in Sound Forge Pro 11 or 12, the end of the files (about one to three seconds of music are missing). You notice clearly the sound is cut abrupt in the end.

Interesting is that the waves images on screen are normal. But quem you edit, or save the music open on SF Pro, the music final seconds are lost forever.

Sure, the Sound Forge has a bug, when convert a mp3 file to a wave file. So I have to change the mp3 file to wave file with another software and later open the wave file on Sound Forge. This way, the file opens perfectly. No missing compasses.

I've tried everything to solve with no success...

rraud wrote on 6/25/2020, 2:46 PM

I do not recall ever experiencing that behavior. Try changing the 'Proxy' setting in "Options> Preferences> General> Always proxy compressed formats". You may also try experimenting with the playback buffering setting: "Options> Preferences> Audio"".
In Pro 12, there is a default reset option you could also try, That is in the File menu, "Reset all preferences and cached data"

I have experienced files the just plain would not play or open. In that case changing the file's extension to <.raw> would help in some instances.

Please post one of the problem files or at least the MediaInfo statistics.

PAULO-MACHADO wrote on 6/25/2020, 8:39 PM

Mr RRaud. Thank you very much! See, "Always proxy compressed formats" is an option but not a default parameter.

Once I apply the proxy, it is opening fine!

Good advice!