Photostory Deluxe 2023 Free Download Install Issues

Brian-HTTR wrote on 11/15/2022, 5:25 PM

I installed Photostory Deluxe 2023 version 22.0.3.145 (UDP3) in windows 11 home 10.0.22621 without issue, however when I tried to install the free download packages (aka additional content), some of them would not install. The downloads complete and the install starts however it does not finish. Each file extracts during the installation preparation and install starts and when the install screen launches, the install stops and a yellow triangle with an "!" appears instead of a green checkmark. Any ideas as to what would cause some to install correctly and some not?

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/16/2022, 7:30 AM

@Brian-HTTR

Hi

Try turning of your Antivirus Folder/Realtime/Ransomware feature(s) and run the installers again, they should be located in the folder Magix\Downloads so you may not need to download them again.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/16/2022, 7:30 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Carl-Johansson wrote on 2/28/2023, 11:02 PM

Stopping the Antivirus service does work, even for the purchased versions of Magix products, which fail on Win11 devices more often than not (at least for us). However, the workaround is not viable for most "typical" users as they probably have no idea what you're talking about. The trial install fails, most will move on to another product trial as most have little patience. Funny that only Magix products have installation installs, my other purchases do not, that involve the AV.

emmrecs wrote on 3/1/2023, 8:31 AM

@Carl-Johansson

In my experience it is certainly not only Magix programs that can have installation problems created by the user's AV and /or Firewall!

I agree it is "annoying" when/if an installation fails because of "Windows Security" issues. I guess one of the "causes" of this is that Microsoft would like all software manufacturers to create their programs as "Windows Apps", so with .MSIX installers rather than .msi or .exe, in a sandbox on their computers, with M$ tightly controlling their installation and operation.

Personally, I hope that Magix will continue to resist any attempt to be forced to release their software with only .MSIX installers!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Carl-Johansson wrote on 3/1/2023, 10:49 AM

In my case it's Cisco AMP that is the AV hence ignoring "Windows Security" comment as this is not relevant in this case as it's a third-party issue. Also, where did .MSIX come from? I am not drawing the connection yet. Clear you're on a bit of a rant, must have pushed a button and not my intention. The issue above only seems to appear with Windows 11, even a fresh Windows 11 install, just Windows 11 in my experience. This alone tells me there is a relationship and something Windows 11 is up to, which I wish I knew what, but that relationship is removed if the third-party AV service is stopped. A bit confusing at the moment. The exception is the notifier updater, haven't figured that one out yet. Meanwhile, my other commercial packages that are exe/msi have yet to trigger AMP, my Open-Source ones like R do occasionally. Clear to I it is how the exe is constructed can trigger the AV. Magix packages appear to be an installer insider another installer, and three instances appear in the Task mgr. whereas other installers appear once. Haven't dug into it further once I found the workaround but I suspect anyone with Windows 11 and Defender AV will have issues.

Suggestion, if the workaround is not mentioned when people download Magix's installer, have a note that if having difficulty, reboot, disable your AV and try again. Those that know how might appreciate the warning.

johnebaker wrote on 3/1/2023, 3:03 PM

@Carl-Johansson

Hi

. . . . The issue above only seems to appear with Windows 11, even a fresh Windows 11 install, just Windows 11 in my experience . . . .

There is more to this than just AV issues blocking installers.

To add to the issue is Microsoft, in their 'infinite wisdom', turning on by default a feature that blocks installation of a program that is not from the Windows store.

This will be accompanied by a pop-up saying that the app is not from the Store and by default it blocks it. It is not until you change the setting to either of the 2 alternative options

MSIX is the Windows app package format.

. . . . However, the workaround is not viable for most "typical" users as they probably have no idea what you're talking about. . . . .

Unfortunately due to the vast number of AV programs it is not possible to advise a user with precise instructions which feature(s) to turn off.

. . . . Clear you're on a bit of a rant . . . .

This is unwarranted - I see no indication of ranting in @emmrecs post. Straight talking yes.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

emmrecs wrote on 8/28/2023, 1:28 PM

@Kevin-Chin

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Unfortunately, your first post, asking about an operational problem with PS 2023, has been made to a thread asking about the installation of additional content to the program. Thus, you are really asking a completely different question!

Please do not hijack another user's post in this way but rather start a new thread with your question. Your post here has been hidden so as to not cause confusion to any user seeking information about the problem which the OP raised.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

cob51 wrote on 9/5/2023, 4:38 AM

Bonjour

Je souhaiterai commander la version de Photostory Deluxe 2023 pour remplacer ma version 2016. La version 2023 fonctionnera-t-elle sous Windows 7 pro?

Cordialement

emmrecs wrote on 9/5/2023, 6:10 AM

@cob51

In one word: No, sorry. Or at least it is highly unlikely to. It is designed for Windows 10 and 11.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

En un mot : non, désolé. Ou du moins, c’est très peu probable. Il est conçu pour Windows 10 et 11.

Jeff
Modérateur du forum