Pitch selection

Ken-Slocum wrote on 3/23/2019, 5:30 PM

I just purchased "Music Maker Premium Edition". I really liked how this software was package and enjoyed the many videos on line. I am a "Practicing Guitarist" and use backing tracks for my sessions and routines. I need to be able to change the Pitch of the loop. Several videos reflect a drop-down menu in the arranger (Top left corner - Pitches). My pitch is not available, as shown in the manual and videos. I saw this comment (Pitches - if you cannot access the pitches drop-down in the Arranger header, top, left side, then you probably have the free version and this feature is probably not available.) I purchased the most expensive version you have (Premium). How do I active this feature? Should I uninstall and then reinstall? Thank You........

Music Maker Version 27.0.3.32....Purchased 23 March 2019

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/23/2019, 6:15 PM

@Ken-Slocum

Hi

When you purchased you would have received and links to download the program.

Assuming you have entered the serial number and registered the software, did you then download and install all the extra content, functions etc, that are unlocked on registration, from the store?

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/23/2019, 6:18 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ken-Slocum wrote on 3/23/2019, 6:23 PM

Thanks John......Yep, I activated the software with the download serial number. And Installed the loops that came with the software. I could try and uninstall and reinstall if you think that might work.

Ken-Slocum wrote on 3/23/2019, 8:38 PM

I went ahead and reinstalled and made sure that I downloaded and installed all Instruments and Features and That did it! Thanks for the help. The key is clearly to install all of the features.

robert-cacciatore wrote on 3/27/2019, 12:25 PM

@Ken-Slocum Although it doesn't 'always' work ... the quick method is HIghlight the loop then [SHIFT P]. You can only perform this on one track at a time so unfortunately you can't gather all loops occuring at a particular point in a project and pitch (or time) shift them with one set of commands. It's a very cool tool for creating counter ryhthms too. Drop a percussion loop in a track, highlight it [SHIFT P] then adjust the TEMP knob to create alternate timings from 2x to .5 track normal tempo. Note if you hold down [SHIFT] while adjusting the temp control knob you get a much more refined change.

Music Maker Premium 2019 - Intel i5 PC with Windows 10, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6gB graphics.

Behringer U-phoria UMC404HD USB I/O (quirky with MMM)
Pro Tools Eleven Rack USB I/O (A+ with MMM)
AAS Strum (Guitar Sim) A+ with MMM
UVI Workstation (Keysuite Acoustic, Electric, Digital and Korg PS-3200) A+ MMM
SCALER A+ with MMM
SoundToys Little Alter Boy (pitch/formant shifting) - not working
AAS String Studio - testing
iZotope Neutron3, Ozone8, Nectar, RX7 (Elements versions) Trash2, Mobius Filter and DDDL- testing
UJAM Virtual Drummer 2, DOPE - testing
AIR Music Hybrid 3 Synth - testing
Sonible Proximity:EQ+ - testing
Glitchmachines Subvert - testing

Ken-Slocum wrote on 3/27/2019, 1:04 PM

Thank You. Just did the [SHIFT P]......works great. This is very cool.