Please help!! Vegas Pro won't update or install all of a sudden!

Ark wrote on 3/13/2023, 8:36 AM

I recently opened Vegas Pro and it prompted me to install the latest update- I went through the steps and then it stopped and gave me an error message, saying it couldn't save a particular file or find where to put it. I have enough storage on my computer, and I found where the file was previously saved but the vegas installation wouldn't recognize it. I then tried to uninstall the program but it would not uninstall either because of the same issue- there was a missing file. I tried to re-download the installation package from MAGIX and it would not work for the same issue again (see attached photo). I have tried everything and I have no idea what's going on. Vegas Pro was working perfectly fine before this- it only started after I was prompted to install the latest update. I really need this for a project with a deadline and I just have no idea why this has happened all of a sudden because I have been using vegas pro for years!!! Thank you in advance for any help at all! :)

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/13/2023, 8:53 AM

@Ark

Please read this pinned post and follow the advice given there.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam