Problem with burning to DVD

Daryl-Reading wrote on 6/5/2023, 5:47 PM

I get the message after DVD burn "MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 is already started on this computer from user..." " If you continue several program functions (i.e. playback of media titles, burning CDs/DVDs) maybe limited, and problems may result because the required resources may not be use by multiple instances of the program" I am allowed to continue but if I do the DVD will not play on any DVD player.  How to fix this??? 

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/5/2023, 9:19 PM

@Daryl-Reading

Hi

This issue is usually causd by the program not shutting down correctly leaving it running as a background process in Windows.

Open Windows Task Manager, under the Apps and Background processes sections look for an entry called VideoDeluxe, right click it and select End task.

Alternatively Restart the computer - Windows button, Power option, Restart - not a shutdown.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Daryl-Reading wrote on 6/6/2023, 5:18 PM

To John Baker, thank you for your response:

I have looked and I cant find any "VideoDeluxe" in my Running Apps/Background processes on my computer.

I have read about VidelDeluxe.exp that has referred to it as a "Virus" and some discussion of deleting is or not. In any case I'm not that good about making decisions like that.

NOTE: I have burnt DVD's in the past without this issue ever happening, so this is something new out of left field, without the software telling me in ADVANCE before any initial burn, because AFTER that initial first burn is just creating a JUNK disk that's going into the trash can.

PLEASE NOTE:--->The software, Magix Movie edit Pro 2016 HAS to be running when you go to the "Burn" portion of the software, no way to get to "Burn" without the total program being activated. The pop/up in the middle of the burn doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks, Daryl Reading

johnebaker wrote on 6/6/2023, 8:34 PM

@Daryl-Reading

Hi Daryl

. . . . I have read about VidelDeluxe.exp that has referred to it as a "Virus" and some discussion of deleting is or not . . . .

Always refer to the program manufacturers official support and forums, and/or their official Facebook / Twitter accounts, there are many 'discussion' sites where people are reporting false positives or have nefarious reasons for posting such comments.

. . . . I have burnt DVD's in the past without this issue . . .

With respect to the discs:

• Are you using economy/store brand/unbranded discs?
  • Using different brand of discs?
  • If DVD discs which format DVD-R or DVD +R and which format does the player support?

Note: I find DVD-R discs to be more reliable than DVD+R

A useful tip - I use DVD-RW or BD-RE discs for the initial burns and testing in my DVD/BD player - the player must support this format. This saves wastage, if they are OK and the videos do not need any further editing then I copy the re-writable disc to permanent discs using disc copying software eg Nero Burning ROM or ImgBurn, the rewritables can then be erased and re-used.

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Daryl-Reading wrote on 6/7/2023, 8:54 AM

I'm using "Memorex" DVD+R 16X, 4.7GB, 120min, BUT I don't think this is the issue. I have used this brand of disks many times over the years with out any trouble what ever before.

The basic new problem now is the pop-up item that comes up half way thru the burn that says "MAGIX MOVIE EDIT PRO 2016 IS ALREADY STARTED ON THIS COMPUTER FROM USER, user is then listing the name, this I had put on the computer when 1st purchased it.

What is being said does make any sense no matter how you look at it. How can you burn a DVD with out the total entire program running or being started, because burning is an integral part of the entire piece of software ???

johnebaker wrote on 6/7/2023, 11:46 AM

@Daryl-Reading

Hi

. . . . What is being said does make any sense no matter how you look at it . . . .

Agreed it does not make sense.

. . . . How can you burn a DVD with out the total entire program running or being started, because burning is an integral part of the entire piece of software  . . .

The disc creation process is a series of steps, the first 4, or more, steps are the creation of an image on the PC, the final stage is handed over to a separate program, which you do not normally see, to actually burn the disk.

Try using the Image recorder option to create an ISO disc image file on your PC - if this completes then the issues is with the final burn step.

The Burn log located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\Program version\dbk.log should also give an indication where the issue is occurring.

Starting from the bottom of the log work your way up through the entries until you see a error/failure message in a line that has Step number of number and copy about 10 lines before and after the message and post them in a comment.

John EB